Question for Geeks who work from home

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missyg

Reaction score
Just wanted some input on how you ventilate your space in an at home salon? I was reading in Milady's Standard Nail Technology that ventilated desks don't work very well. How do you ventilate?

I have an extractor fan to outside to help ventilate, had it done by the builders who did my house extension. no idea how much this would of been otherwise. x

depends on what sort of extraction table u get, some just suck it away from the top of the desk and blow it out underneath and others have a pipe under and you can stick it out the door or window which is good. The only reason they say they are not the best is because they dont actually dispose of the dust unless you have a way of blowing it outside.
I dont use any because i am a gel girl and 99.9% of my clients are gel too, but when i do have a L&P client i will make sure i dont have any drafts of any kind to blow the dust around, i use lint free wipes, not a brush to wipe away dust and i also offer dust masks as one of my old L&P client had bad hayfever. It's just like a small mask that covers the mouth and nose.

I work out of my home and I do mainly gel (a couple of L&P clients ,just to keep up my skills).I invested in WTAC system and I love it.There is no dust whatsoever and it cuts down vapours when doing L&P.It is very important to have a good extraction system when working with gels.When filing gel,dust is so fine and it floats in your breathing area and you and your client will end up inhaling that fine dust.Read again about overexposure in you Milady's book.And besides that ,it covers everything in your salon and you have to clean dust every day(I don't have time for that).
IMG_0627.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg

This is my WTAC unit built in my desk.

Thats great Lana! where did you buy this and how much did it cost you (if you don't mind me asking!)

I got it from States (I can give you phone#if you are interested)
and I paid $575.60 including taxes and shipping.It will cost you a bit more b/c
you have to pay PST.

Latest posts

Back