Question regarding Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilly T

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I've been away from the nail industry for about 18 months but am trying to get back into it.

I have been impressed by the addition of products such as Shellac and Gelish to the industry as I always preferred improvement to the natural nail and encouraging natural nail growth.

My quandry is this:

Gelish is soak off and re-apply every few weeks and yet in the prep it is necessary to remove the shine from the natural nail. Is it necessary to do this again after every soak off before re-application and if so, won't this have a negative effect of the natural nail over time?

I realise it is only removal of the shine shine but this happening repeatedly has got to remove layers of the nail gradually hasn't it?

Thanks for your help.

I only remove the shine from the regrowth area instead of the whole nail plate.
Hope that helps xx

I don't remove shine from nail and don't have any problems with Gelish lasting.

Jo xx

Hi everyone

I've been away from the nail industry for about 18 months but am trying to get back into it.

I have been impressed by the addition of products such as Shellac and Gelish to the industry as I always preferred improvement to the natural nail and encouraging natural nail growth.

My quandry is this:

Gelish is soak off and re-apply every few weeks and yet in the prep it is necessary to remove the shine from the natural nail. Is it necessary to do this again after every soak off before re-application and if so, won't this have a negative effect of the natural nail over time?

I realise it is only removal of the shine shine but this happening repeatedly has got to remove layers of the nail gradually hasn't it?

Thanks for your help.

Both of these replies are great help, thank you.

I dont remove the shine from the natural nail either. pHbond does its job well! :lol:
I also dont file the surface prior to removal and had no problems.
xx

Latest posts

Back