Quick acrylic removal question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexnailnewbie

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,
I had a client this yesterday who happened to be a retired nail technician. We got talking about how i remove L&P and i informed her i did it by wrapping the nails in cotton pads soaked with acetone wrapped in foil and a towel over to keep the heat in for 15 minutes. she then told met hat a much quicker way is to cut my cotton pad into four soak in acetone wrap in foil and place each nail under the UV lamp for 30 seconds and the enhancement will just peel away. I have never heard of this method and would love to hear if any other geeks use this. If it works and is safe surely this will be a hell of a lot quicker than what im doing.
Any thoughts and experiences are greatly appreciated.

Omg Acetone & Electricity not a very good combination :Scared::Scared::eek:

I would never put wrapped fingers anywhere near my UV Lamps!
Stick to what you know hun not worth experimenting with something that could be pretentiously dangerous.

Try a microwave heatable wheat bag to rest over the wrapped nails this will add heat without risk :hug:

Hi Geeks,
I had a client this yesterday who happened to be a retired nail technician. We got talking about how i remove L&P and i informed her i did it by wrapping the nails in cotton pads soaked with acetone wrapped in foil and a towel over to keep the heat in for 15 minutes. she then told met hat a much quicker way is to cut my cotton pad into four soak in acetone wrap in foil and place each nail under the UV lamp for 30 seconds and the enhancement will just peel away. I have never heard of this method and would love to hear if any other geeks use this. If it works and is safe surely this will be a hell of a lot quicker than what im doing.
Any thoughts and experiences are greatly appreciated.

Im not qualified in L&P at the moment will be soon though. In my training we did exactly the same as you but instead left it for 20-30mins and it came off lovely.

Im not familiar with L&P coming away after only 15mins, maybe a Gel Enhancement or Overlay.

As for the UV lamp, I don't understand how being under that for 30secs would make any difference. And is this safe? Acetone near to electrics!

I'm glad im not the only one with concerns that's why i started the thread before i tried anything. I did say to the lady surely that's not safe but she was adamant that was the way to do it lol x

Latest posts

Back