Quick lash question :)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Essential Bliss

Reaction score
Hiyaaa :)
I did my first full set of eyelash extensions today and it took me 2 and half hours..not bad for a beginner i dont think :)
I used the collagen pads under the eye but had to keep adjusting it as some lashes kept popping through which obviously slowed me down...i've noticed some of you lashers use tape? Where can i purchase this from and is that the best thing you use?
Thank you in advance :)

Kayleigh xx

Hi Kayleigh, use micro pore tape, you can use it in two or three shorter strips so it sits fine under the eye and then pop you pad over the top x

Definitely use micropore tape, the collagen gel pads are more for comfort and relaxation than anything else. Most eyelash suppliers sell them, but I get mine from the chemist. I think its about £1.50 a roll.

Hi honey, I found some in Boots The Chemist last week.

Vicki
x

ps what eye pads are you using, some of them are really wet (they feel great) but no good for lashing really as they slip and slide about - I bought some of the Marvelash sticky pads which I found a little easier - have only done 5 sets so far but learning more everyday!!!

Good luck honey- PM me how you get on
Vicki
xxx

So, do you guys put micropore under the eye and then the comfort pad over the top of the tape?
And then I have seen some videos on you tube of people putting a couple of strips (or even another comfort pad) on the top lid too. Can someone explain to me what this is for please? Does it just encourage the client to keep their eyes closed or is this a great trick for something else?
I am trained in eyelashes now and have my first full set practice this week! Any advice would be gratefully received!

Yes, I use the micropore tape to tape lower lashes down then place the gel pad a little lower down for relaxation purposes (clients love them-and you can retail them too)
The tape on the upper lid is used if the client has excess eyelid skin which can droop down and thus covers the lashes, so you use the tape to pull the eyelid up.

Ahh thats great thank you all sooo much!! Will definitely get some tomorrow or monday as am doing my sisters monday afternoon :) so many replies and soo quickly! Im excited now :-D thank you allll xx

Hi honey, I found some in Boots The Chemist last week.

Vicki
x

ps what eye pads are you using, some of them are really wet (they feel great) but no good for lashing really as they slip and slide about - I bought some of the Marvelash sticky pads which I found a little easier - have only done 5 sets so far but learning more everyday!!!

Good luck honey- PM me how you get on
Vicki
xxx

I use the marvel lash ones too hun :) found they stayed well but just had couple stray lashes from the bottom! Lol...good luck with yours too hun..will post pics up from my set today when get them on computer :) thank you xx

Yes, I use the micropore tape to tape lower lashes down then place the gel pad a little lower down for relaxation purposes (clients love them-and you can retail them too)
The tape on the upper lid is used if the client has excess eyelid skin which can droop down and thus covers the lashes, so you use the tape to pull the eyelid up.

Ahh thats great idea :) will keep that in mind too! I thought would be good to retail them as well..good to no someone else can make a sale from them!
Thank you :) xx

I see! Thats great, thank you :)

Also I think people can likely be allergic to the pads and obviously never the tape, I've always used tape it's how I was taught in my training x

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

Also I think people can likely be allergic to the pads and obviously never the tape, I've always used tape it's how I was taught in my training x

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

Will keep that in mind too then :) thank yoouu :) xx

Latest posts

Back