Quiet day money makers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luellamella

Reaction score
Hi there,

I Co-own a hair and beauty salon and currently I’m really struggling to
Make enough money to keep business successful for Beauty on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Currently we are closed on a Monday, but finding the beginning of the week so quiet for all beauty services. Is anyone else finding the same? Each month I put an offer on but not even this is helping. My salon is mainly geared around lashes, tans, waxing and nails. Are there any treatments people find
Are particularly busy at the beginning of the week. I need to turn this around as it’s worryingly quiet.

Thanks

Switching between such varied treatments in a single day is exhausting so try and have a schedule focusing on certain treatments some days and not others. Lashes need 24-48 hours of careful aftercare so push your lash bookings into Tuesday/Wednesday, explaining this. Stop booking tans Thurs/Fri/Sat on and offer them on particular days - count your bookings on different days of the week and get rid of the quietest day.

You could try a tantastic or toetasticTuesday or waxing Wednesday deal. Try offering a package - free U/Arm wax with a bikin/leg combo on Wednesday for instance. Gel polish for price of normal polish for pedis on Tuesday. Or do it the other way - deter bookings on some days, so have a flip flop Friday, "don't forget your flip flops" and tell your clients that you can only offer them normal polish on Friday as gels take too long on your busy day. Discuss the possibility of changing your booking policy with your Friday gel pedi clients and ask them if it would be a problem for them to book their removal and new gels on a Tuesday instead.

Control your re-bookings. Ask every client if they need to come on the day of the week that they've booked. "Are Thursday's best for you?" If they don't reply that that's their day off, offer them a Tuesday or Wed rebooking slot first after a bit of earnest, silent cogitation. Try and move as many regular clients to your quiet days. Ask if lunch-time is required or after work if that's the time that they've booked. Find out if that's the critical time slot. If it is, offer a lunch time slot on a Tues/Wed first etc. Every booking on a Thurs/Frid/Sat needs to be offered a rebooking slot on a Tuesday/Wed as a matter of policy. Every walk-in needs to be told how lucky they are that you're free and how unusual it is on Thurs/Fri/Sat and how Tues/Wed are good days to try their luck. Keep some unblocked space free for walk-ins, don't fully book your Thurs/Fri/Sat and try and fully book your quiet days if those are bad walk in days.

Build your brow business - brows and waxing are my mainstays Mon/Tues/Wed. All your brow clients should be patch tested for tint as a matter of course. Patch testing gives you the chance for an up sell conversation for the next booking. Every nail client should be offered a brow shape - leave a gap between treatments so there's time.

I give a student discount Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday only between 10-5 explaining that I'm fully booked the rest of the week so offer a discount to fill my surplus capacity which works both for me and the students. I make a note on the client card so every time a student pays for a full price treatment on Thurs/Fri/Sat I tell them to come Mon/Tues/Wed for a disc next time.

Good luck xx

Latest posts

Back