Quiet few weeks?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allazwills

Reaction score
We are having a few really quiet weeks in work at the moment. Still making enough to cover wages but not much more and I am going on maternity leave in 3 weeks so would like it to pick up a bit before then. I don't want to be one of those salons that's constantly doing offers and we tend to have 2 really good weeks then 2 quiet weeks on average and have a good returning clientele.
I think we need more new clients tho - we are. A beauty business in a hair salon so was thinking along with the hair management that we might do an offer for all hair clients that don't use us get 30% of first appt and vice versa - does anyone do many thing similar or have any other ideas? We have a 'bring a friend' offer beginning in July also x

We are having our quietest week since January, it's strange and had 2 no shows this week! Luckily last week was really good so it balances it out but it's annoying! May was best month yet so hoping July will be good as everyone came in May! Spent yesterday updating website, it's always a job I put off! I agree, you don't want to go down the constantly doing offers route, I'm just doing a prom one at the mo so if they have a blowdry or hair up they get 20% off spray tan but I'm not about to give stuff away at silly prices. We do a new client discount and referral scheme too and I try and do a monthly offer which varies depending on the season. I think it's a good idea to target the hair clients.

Allaz, are you keeping your advertising up in the same place ?

I noticed a while ago when analysing my client base and advertising for new clients.

If your advert is continually in the same book, month in month out, people tend to by pass it as their used to it being there and don't notice it anymore. if you stop for a month and put one elsewhere, it's new, catches people's eyes.

Think of it like this....If you hang a new picture on your wall, it catches your eye for a few weeks before you don't notice it anymore. It's the same with advertising

Latest posts

Back