Racoon hair extension adhesive alternatives

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucelasticx

Reaction score
Hi
i hoping that someone would be able to help me as i currently am using the Racoon bonding system , however i am looking to offer my clients a cheaper but still high quality option.
The Racoon polyamide adhesive is great and i get on with it very well and use it all the time but its just soooo expensive and the waste is terrible, can anyone advise where i can get a great like for like alternative so i can pass these savings on to my clients.
I know i will have to buy another gun etc but i feel that not being tied to a company can only have positive effects.

Cheers
LL

Yes there is an alternative. I also use raccoon method but use a slow flow gun and resin. It lasts fantastically well in the hair with no shedding. I find one stick is more than enough for a full head application. Is approx six quid a stick. I don't believe I am allowed to name the brand on this forum but if you want to pm me I can give you details.

Persianista, when you use the glue gun, do you use a silicon mat to roll with or is it cool enough to roll with your fingers? Can you pm me the glue you use as I am looking for some different products to try with loose hair. Cheers :)

I use Balmain re- bonds and have never had a problem. You would need to buy the applicator though to use these bonds. :)

I use a silicon pad as the resin I use should be rolled and shaped while still hot. That way it is forced into the cuticle of the hair for longevity and makes it non shedding.

Same here I use a TEC 250 adhesive gun and have a slow flow nozzle fitted, I use the polyamide adhesive sticks and you can also get them in the colours to match the clients own hair.

Hi Persianista,i have been trying to find a lower cost alternative,would you be able to pm with the name of the gun and glue please i would be really grateful.Also do the bonds remove with acetone.thanx

Could i no what it is to please

Hi, if someone could please advise of the brand persianista is advising of i would be very grateful.

Did find out which brand this was??

I also have an amazing alternative to racoon, came across it by accident but was pleasantly surprised who it was and now will not be going back lol. Pm me if you want to know what I use. I'm sure they will give you the same fantastic offer I had xx

I don't get what the big hush hush is. We rate products all the time on here and give our opinions on them. Why is this topic any different?
What am I missing?

I don't understand why everyone feels entitled to know information that took others years to perfect and research. Some choose to share publicly and some don't and that should not be questioned. If someone choses to share then thats up to them but IMO it does not make business sense to share all my secrets with everyone on a public forum, even of they do live far away and we don't operate in the same area.

I am all for helping people but I would not give out all my secrets and especially the suppliers that have taken years for me to find. That is one of my keys to success, that I have networked and built relationships with small great suppliers. That kind of info needs to be deserved or researched. I am sure most successful companies wouldn't hand out a list of all those secrets and suppliers to everyone on a public forum!

Don't get me wrong I know this forum is to help each other and without giving out our secrets to some degree this would not work and that is what salon geek is all about but personally I do still think some things are to be kept private. That being said I do love steering people in the right direction and helping people in many other ways, especially those who have an obvious passion and not just out to make a fast buck.( not directed to anyone in particular).

I'm not just talking about glue but I've seen this on other threads as well and I feel it's up to each and everyone to share what they want and of someone's chosen not to, then that's fine too.

Last edited:
I don't understand why everyone feels entitled to know information that took others years to perfect and research. Some choose to share publicly and some don't and that should not be questioned. If someone choses to share then thats up to them but IMO it does not make business sense to share all my secrets with everyone on a public forum, even of they do live far away and we don't operate in the same area.

I am all for helping people but I would not give out all my secrets and especially the suppliers that have taken years for me to find. That is one of my keys to success, that I have networked and built relationships with small great suppliers. That kind of info needs to be deserved or researched. I am sure most successful companies wouldn't hand out a list of all those secrets and suppliers to everyone on a public forum!

Don't get me wrong I know this forum is to help each other and without giving out our secrets to some degree this would not work and that is what salon geek is all about but personally I do still think some things are to be kept private. That being said I do love steering people in the right direction and helping people in many other ways, especially those who have an obvious passion and not just out to make a fast buck.( not directed to anyone in particular).

I'm not just talking about glue but I've seen this on other threads as well and I feel it's up to each and everyone to share what they want and of someone's chosen not to, then that's fine too.

Not sure anyone on this thead was asking for secrets, just opinions and suggestions.
Dawn said she was willing to tell us what she uses if we pm her. Which I did. As of yet I haven't heard back from her but I know how busy she is. So thought I would ask if anyone had an answer from her and also asked the question of why people seem to think they can't post their suggestions on here.
Not asking for any handouts and certainly don't expect any entitlements.
The OP asked a question and 2 people have said yes they know of an alternative but don't think they can post it on here. I'm just asking why???

Just realised this is a really old thread. We didn't used to compare products as openly as we do now.

Last edited:
Like a magician.....hairdressers and hookers never reveal their secrets ;) x

+44 844 335 0999

You can also send a form on their website to request to be a partner.

+44 844 335 0999

You can also send a form on their website to request to be a partner.

Ohh thanks, your a little angel! Just wonder how much of my local area would pay raccoon prices? But there again there is thinking that if I don't offer it they can't have it? X

I personally don't use racoon as I found that the price is a lot and even though the hair is great I found other smaller suppliers with the same quality. I still use the racoon system though. But I have had clients asking for it as they have heard It's the best. A salon near where I live does it as well and he said he was super busy with it and is now training more staff to do it.

Latest posts

Back