Racoon hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to say thank you, for you all your help. I have gone back to the salon and had them took out. I have not had any money back through as the salon is saying it is Racoons fault and I need to take it up with them. I called Racoon and they do not want to know and say even though I paid them direct it is the stylists who I should be speaking with not them. I really wish I never decided to go with Racoon,

The Racoon extensions has left small bald patches in my hair too

Don't let it out you off having hair extensions in the future as this was a bad experience. I don't like Racoon for that simple reason of shedding. Perhaps find someone who can explain the different methods available that wold suit your lifestyle better next time x

Hi - I have been to see an independant hair tricologist today because of the Racoon hair extensions,

I have been advised that the Racoon hair extension and the glue has pulled my hair out at the root and left me with bald patches, the hot glue has also burnt my scalp in several places

The condition of my hair is extremly bad now again all due to Racoon hair extensions and the products

I am having a report written and going to take both the salon and Racoon to court over this situation.

The tricologist said the hair the Racoon provided was one of the worst he had seen, and said this hot glue system is the worst kind of extensions on the market

My advice is, if you think about hair extensions think twice and never have Racoon

Surely the fact you have bald patches is down to incorrect fitting of extensions? Not the hair?

Hi - I have been to see an independant hair tricologist today because of the Racoon hair extensions,

I have been advised that the Racoon hair extension and the glue has pulled my hair out at the root and left me with bald patches, the hot glue has also burnt my scalp in several places

The condition of my hair is extremly bad now again all due to Racoon hair extensions and the products

I am having a report written and going to take both the salon and Racoon to court over this situation.

The tricologist said the hair the Racoon provided was one of the worst he had seen, and said this hot glue system is the worst kind of extensions on the market

My advice is, if you think about hair extensions think twice and never have Racoon

I think this type of glue method isn't great for the hair in general and the shedding isn't good but definitely get back in contact with the Extensionist.. It sounds like poor fitting to me, if you have burnt patches on your scalp this would almost certainly be caused by incorrect fitting and the bonds being placed too close to your scalp.
X

If your scalp had been burnt you would of realised this at the time of fitting? I know if I accidently catch myself with the tool or hot glue i know about it. Those things are red hot.

I don't think raccoon really have much to do with this. Racoon as a company didn't personally fit your extensions but the salon/stylist that did will be liable.

Hope you get some money back for the poor fitting x

The extensionist is at fault for this.
If the Racoon hair has shed badly then this would be the only reason for them being at fault.
Your extensionist has blamed Racoon when its herself which is at fault here, she may of realised she fitted incorrectly and has given you the wrong information. X

Your extensions were shedding badly because the stylist did not apply them correctly, it is the extensionist fault not the Racoon.

Surely the fact you have bald patches is down to incorrect fitting of extensions? Not the hair?
Yes the bald patches are down to bad fitting and the glue not the hair, but the Racoon hair I have been informed is bad quality over processed hair

If your scalp had been burnt you would of realised this at the time of fitting? I know if I accidently catch myself with the tool or hot glue i know about it. Those things are red hot.

I don't think raccoon really have much to do with this. Racoon as a company didn't personally fit your extensions but the salon/stylist that did will be liable.

Hope you get some money back for the poor fitting x
Hi, as the extensions were being fitted I kept telling the stylist that it was burning my head and is this normal, the stylist said it was the glue and was normal. I have never experienced so much pain when having extensions.

Last edited:
Your extensions were shedding badly because the stylist did not apply them correctly, it is the extensionist fault not the Racoon.
I have been speaking to quite a few stylists now over the last couple of weeks and apparently Racoon is known for shedding hair and being dry

I have been speaking to quite a few stylists now over the last couple of weeks and apparently Racoon is known for shedding hair and being dry

The extensionsist may of not bonded the actual bonds in properly so you may experience shedding due to incorrect fitting, did you sign a consultation form to agree you we're happy with the fitting? X

The extensionsist may of not bonded the actual bonds in properly so you may experience shedding due to incorrect fitting, did you sign a consultation form to agree you we're happy with the fitting? X
No I never signed anything or was asked to sign anything either

Had Easilocks fitted today, omg what a difference than Racoon. They are fab and would recommend to anyone

I am a Racoon extension stylist and I can guarantee that the stylist would have fitted these incorrectly. The bonding should never come into contact with your scalp, should never hurt and if the quality of the hair was really bad, I very much doubt it was Racoon hair.
As a company, they have brilliant customer service and would be horrified to have someone fitting these so poorly and unprofessionally.
A consultation form must be done prior to the fitting and signed.

I would report the stylist to Racoon because she's either not trained with them or she needs retraining.

I am a Racoon extension stylist and I can guarantee that the stylist would have fitted these incorrectly. The bonding should never come into contact with your scalp, should never hurt and if the quality of the hair was really bad, I very much doubt it was Racoon hair.
As a company, they have brilliant customer service and would be horrified to have someone fitting these so poorly and unprofessionally.
A consultation form must be done prior to the fitting and signed.

I would report the stylist to Racoon because she's either not trained with them or she needs retraining.

I did report this to Racoon, they were so rude. I spoke to a manager eventually called Elaine. She was rude and very unhelpful.
The hair was defiantly Racoon hair, it was taken out of a sealed plastic packing.
The hair Racoon supplied was low quality but the stylist was at fault for bad fitting.

Looking back I wish I had done my research before going ahead, there is so many bad reviews all over the internet about Racoon, the problem is I cannot find a good one. This would have been a big warning sign

Latest posts

Back