Radiation X-ray effects on gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poshpinks

Reaction score
Hi guys I have a client that I did gel polish on today and once I had finished she told me that the X-Ray's she was having we're ratation ones But I don't know if this is going to effect the nails in any way , has anyone got any information on this as I don't know where they won't last as long due to the X-Ray's?

All X-Ray's produce radiation, but is she having radiotherapy for cancer treatment or an X-Ray for broken bones?

All X-Ray's produce radiation, but is she having radiotherapy for cancer treatment or an X-Ray for broken bones?
It's to look at her bones but they r injesting her with the chemical and afterwards she can only go to the bathroom in their radioactive bathroom ?

Ok I would imagine it's quite possible it may effect her nails then. Her dr's would presumably have told her any possible side effects however so I wouldn't worry too much. If she does return with problems I'd put them down to her treatment.

My dad had this procedure done today (and he has had it done before,about 4 weeks ago)

He was injected with some kind of radio active goo that takes about 3 hours to (im assuming) seep into his bones & then x rays are taken to get a scanned image of his bones.

Your told to use a seperate loo as theres a small chance any waste product from your body is radioactive (same with blood- no blood samples can be taken) but you are only radio active for around 24 hours. Theres no side effects at all but you are advised to stay away from pregnant ladies & young children for 24 hours.

It sounds like your lady had the same thing & i doubt it will effect the polish at all. The only thing may be that if she has to go in for any furthur treatments or ops she will have to have all nail coatings removed beforehand, but I spose it depends what her healths like. Xx

Latest posts

Back