Rates Of Pay

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim Lawless

Grande Dame of the Brazilian Wax for Men and Women
Reaction score
Hi Geeks. Can anybody tell me what the average daily wage is (excluding tips) for a salon tech in London and Essex? Also, how many hours they would be expected to work and whether they would get commission? Thanks so much. x

Basic of £250.00 per week.

average commission another £250.00

37.5 hrs.

Kimmi Rocks said:
Hi Geeks. Can anybody tell me what the average daily wage is (excluding tips) for a salon tech in London and Essex? Also, how many hours they would be expected to work and whether they would get commission? Thanks so much. x

When you work for someone else, never forget, when you go into negotiations it is not all one way. A contract has to work both ways and for both parties to be happy or it won't work.

Therefore, do not be frightened to ask for what you want!! Different employers have different ideas about commision rates, targets to be reached, etc. ASK for what you want .... LISTEN to what is being offered to you, and then find a common ground for both of you and stick to it until review time comes along..
Failure to do this, is why so many employees get disallusioned and leave their jobs.

Only the very best nail technicians (working for someone else and not independently) would get the kind of money quoted in the above post, especially concerning commission.

If you pm Ruth or Tracey, they will give you an informed and realistic answer to your comments regarding the London and Essex areas.

Hi Gigi, thanks so much for your very helpful and informative reply. I'm very new to this site so how do I contact Ruth and Tracey (where do I find their addresses) and what does pm them mean? Cheers. Kim x

Kimmi Rocks said:
Hi Gigi, thanks so much for your very helpful and informative reply. I'm very new to this site so how do I contact Ruth and Tracey (where do I find their addresses) and what does pm them mean? Cheers. Kim x

Sorry!! ;)

Ruth is a member on the site and she goes under Nails In London1. pm means send her a private message. To do this, you click on Quick links above ... click on members list .... search under N for nailsinlondon1 ... click on that and Ruth's profile will come up. On there it will have an option to send her a private message... click on that and away you go!
Tracie spells her name tracie and you can find her the same way.

WE use the pm facility allot for posting things that are not of general interest to everyone else on the site, like just saying thankyou, or see ya tomorrow type of messages etc. Most people answer very quickly so you'll soon hear from them I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back