Razor haircut

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulette

Reaction score
Any advice...
My client wants to go short like Julie Walters, cropped with texture. She has thick dark hair which we colour, she wants to gradually go lighter to about an 8 or 9 for the summer, from a 7.

Thinking a razor cut would give more texture aswell as using thinning scissors. Her hair is thick and slightly wavy although this will eliminate quite a bit if her hair is shorter.

She has been a client of mine for a good 5 years now and she is in her mid 50s although she only looks 40 !
In the past she has had her hair short infact when I started doing her it was quite severe cutting as short as a mans and just blowdried going back, so this time going short I want to create softer more texture. This is what her previous hairdresser had been doing and she was pleased back then.

Also she was wondering about having some highlights pulled through a cap to give the illusion of being lighter until we get the achieved lighter colour.

Anyone have an tips or better ideas, or tips using the razor? I have used a razor before but not used it on a full head haircut before.

Anyone? Am I thinking the right ideas??
Should I go for lightening also or not?

More concerned I give her the best haircut and style firstly.

Sorry Mod's, gotta stick my oar in on this one!!
The difference when you razor cut is that the whole haircut is done freehand. Section very carefully as you cannot use guidelines easily. Cut the hair using the razor in small sweeping motions, but leave it longer than the desired length. Check the cut using your thinning scissors so that you dont create any blunt lines.
Always remember not to razor or thin too close to the head.
Some highlights to give the hair a lighter appearance is a great idea, but through a cap??? You cannot see where you are placing them! I didnt think any hairdressers used caps these days!

Yep doing the razor cut I knew it was going to be more freehand but to use the thinning scissors also. As for the cap her hair is going to be short, too short to weave in any case. Just wanted to perhaps put thro very fine highlights to give the appearance of a lighter colour, whilst we achieve it via colour.
Think the best idea which I have said to her firstly is to cut the style then decide on colour options as she is liking to be darker in the winter then a bit lighter in the summer, if she keeps it short the colour will get lighter quicker thro using the colours. She has the roots done every 4 weeks as it grows like mad!

Hi Paulette, as long as the hair to begin with isn't too wavy as this will encourage curl ,
it should be all ok to go ahead with , (it's sooo hard not being able to see it :lol: lol x
so good luck with it all and let us know what you decide
:hug: x minky

here is a basic link for razoring but you may find some better ones in there too

YouTube- razorcrop

`

Latest posts

Back