Razors

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inspired

Reaction score
Has anyone got any advice about the best brand of razor to buy? Are there different types? I've had a kit list for level 3 & a razor is on it but the kit for level 2 was so poor I'm reluctant to buy the recommended college kit because I'll just end up having to replace it all anyway.

Thanks

Kate

Has anyone got any advice about the best brand of razor to buy? Are there different types? I've had a kit list for level 3 & a razor is on it but the kit for level 2 was so poor I'm reluctant to buy the recommended college kit because I'll just end up having to replace it all anyway.

Thanks

Kate

Donald Scott carving combs/ Paul Mitchell do then.

That's great. Thank you. You are always so helpful Bluerinse x

That's great. Thank you. You are always so helpful Bluerinse x

If you sign up to hairdressers journal I think you either get or can win some of these.... Or buy from a Paul Mitchell stockists...maybe someone on here may be able to help/order for you....they really are the best if used....easy and can't over razor the hair with them! But you need to use specific blades with them which only fit these carving combs/ also twister razors x

Donald Scott carving combs/ Paul Mitchell do then.

Hi there was just reading this thread i'm going to be starting my Barbering course next month, was just searching online for this item seems his website does not do deliveries to UK.

Where else can i get Donalds carving comb from in the Uk, thanks

Hi there was just reading this thread i'm going to be starting my Barbering course next month, was just searching online for this item seems his website does not do deliveries to UK.

Where else can i get Donalds carving comb from in the Uk, thanks

Im trying to sort something with a friend who owns a salon....I'll keep you posted but if anyone else on here owns a. Paul
Mitchell salon that would be kind enough to help us out and order some to be brought by us? Maybe??

Ta muchly ;) x

Blue are these Paul mitchell razors better than the miraki ones?

Blue are these Paul mitchell razors better than the miraki ones?

They are lush!! They have guards on them....hold on I've got mine with me I'll take a photo and show and explain as best I can...

They are lush!! They have guards on them....hold on I've got mine with me I'll take a photo and show and explain as best I can...

Exciting. I've had my razor 8 years now would like to try a new one

Im trying to sort something with a friend who owns a salon....I'll keep you posted but if anyone else on here owns a. Paul
Mitchell salon that would be kind enough to help us out and order some to be brought by us? Maybe??

Ta muchly ;) x

Hi there Bluerinse, that would be great thankyou

Ok here is the carving comb....the bit with regular spaces is for cutting and shaping, round face etc the side with chunkier teeth is to remove 50% of the section of hair it's being used on....please note....do not press down with these razors onto the hair...,you will go through! Hold lightly and slide lightly down the section of hair.... I learnt the hard way...on a doll head years ago! Use wet or dry...depending on what your doing but I prefer wet x

Sounds like the miraki one. Do u have a photo blue?

Whoops forgot to add pic....

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344113033.579218.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344113033.579218.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 134
Here Is the twister razor....same as before but this time the chunkier side only removes 30% of the hair from the section used on...and you need to use a separate comb with this one.....sorry yours prob won't be shiny silver just plain silver these were limited edition set ;)

And I always section with my PM chopsticks too ;) any from your local chinese restaurant will do...looks funkier than a clip! X

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344113223.159336.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344113223.159336.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 134
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344113257.077749.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1344113257.077749.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 129
Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh like the chopstick idea xoxo

Ooh like the chopstick idea xoxo

Sorry can you see the items clear enough? Just noticed I left cupboard lights on when I took photo and granite has made a bad reflection on camera x

The best razor I've ever used, and will always use in the future, is the Michael O'Rourke palm razor. Uses a standard feather blade. I don't recommend the blades they sell, not a clean cut for some reason. But the razor is amazing and since it fits in the palm of your hand it is comfortable and versatile :)

Latest posts

Back