Re-balance - the economics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jax

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

Have been mulling over the economics of a re-balance and for me its quite depressing thinking.
First of all I am basing this on the assumption that when up to speed it takes about 1 hour start to finish to do the re-balance and the cost to the customer being usually about £25.........Feel free to correct any of these assumptions.

If you have your own salon, with all of the financial burden that brings with it, and the cost of the products themselves of course - I think it would be very very difficult to make a profit on a straight forward re-balance. Do you geeks agree with that? or do you think re-balances are profitable?

xx

Yah i can see where u r comming from but i think to be honest most of any bodys profit is in retail and renting out space ... i dont know 100% im just thinking its like that .... you will earn on re balancing .. lets face it the most work dont in the nail trade is a re balance..... so it depends on your price n over heads xxxx emily xx

I guess it would really depend on your area and prices......

For me yes they can be profitable ...... (based on two week visits ) on a client this is what I do in a month on them one re-balance a month and a fill

compared to your pound ...my full set is roughly $ 21. pounds...( don't have a pound sign ) re balance is $18.
fill $ 16.

so say for one month $34.pounds .........plus the retail of oils,lotions ect .......

I'm home based so I don't have a whole bunch of over head ....so to me a re balance is quite profitable ....

Hi Geeks

Have been mulling over the economics of a re-balance and for me its quite depressing thinking.
First of all I am basing this on the assumption that when up to speed it takes about 1 hour start to finish to do the re-balance and the cost to the customer being usually about £25.........Feel free to correct any of these assumptions.

If you have your own salon, with all of the financial burden that brings with it, and the cost of the products themselves of course - I think it would be very very difficult to make a profit on a straight forward re-balance. Do you geeks agree with that? or do you think re-balances are profitable?

xx

The majority of my work is rebalances.
I don't own a salon I am mobile and rebalances are my regular clients.
A straightforward rebalance is quick and hardly costs anything regarding products.
So I disagree, rebalances are very profitable to me.
jmho

For me, reballances are my bread and butter. I only do reballances, all day. I retail, but the retail is a bonus, as all my clients are regulars and there is a limit on how much polish and oil they need.

For me 25 Gbp is way too little for a reballance. I love doing nails, but that's not enough for me. I need to get a good income from it too... If not, it's not worth it for me... To be selfemployeed gived me a freedom, but if I have to work more to get the same income as if I worked in another business or for others, it's not freedom, it's a burden. Ehm, did that make any sense???

C.

Latest posts

Back