re nail length

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ariaaland

Reaction score
hi i need to reconfirm something ...... longer nails = more product= more cost?

based on the above is okay to charge based on length of nails or should there be one basic cost? need to know ASAP please

i think thats up to you..:)
i charge same for all, most of my clients are of a similar workable length, I have a few that wear them longer, but I dont charge any different..

imo, to go into different prices could mean getting the measuring tape out to work out a price..

you could look at 'loss' of product on a small nailbed, if you take too large bead of l&p, you waste money wiping it off the brush.. longer nailbed, longer extension, there would be less chance of waste happening...

in my opinion and in my business i do not charge extra for extra length nor do i charge less for short nails either. It is what it is :green:

if it s really long maybe but i don t think it s good it could push some customers to another technician

I would not go there.

As a whole, the average set of L&P only costs you the technician a few dollars, you would only be saving the customer pennies!!

... anyway, it is not the cost or our product that is our main charge it is our TIME and that is about the same long or short.

okay i see what you all are saying. i figured as much but wanted some 2nd and 3rd opinions. thanks very much:biggrin:

I agree with the others but would be open to exceptions. I knew a tech who used to do a woman (entertainer) who wore hem so long, she had apply to tips. 1 on the end of the other. If it was to this exteme I would charge more, but it would be more about the time then the product.

Latest posts

Back