Reaction to Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lelu

Reaction score
A client wants to recommend a friend to me for Gelish. However, she said her friend has had Shellac twice and both times she has come up in a rash on her face and neck which she attributes to Shellac. I was surprised as (a) I know Shellac is the least likely polish to cause a reaction and (b) I would expect any reaction to be on hands, not face. Is it possible for a rash to appear on the face if the cause is on the hands? Would this not mean something had got into the bloodstream through the skin? I have suggested doing one nail as a test and leaving it for a couple of days.

a rash to

A client wants to recommend a friend to me for Gelish. However, she said her friend has had Shellac twice and both times she has come up in a rash on her face and neck which she attributes to Shellac. I was surprised as (a) I know Shellac is the least likely polish to cause a reaction and (b) I would expect any reaction to be on hands, not face. Is it possible for a rash to appear on the face if the cause is on the hands? Would this not mean something had got into the bloodstream through the skin? I have suggested doing one nail as a test and leaving it for a couple of days.

a rash to

I wouldn't have thought the shellac has dine this but its possible the dsperse or hand cream or something along those lines could have caused the reaction. She may have touched her face after it has been applied without realising it. If it was shellac she reacted too then I'm pretty sure she will more than likely react to gelish too xx

I agree it seems unlikely that it could be shellac, especially once cured. You're right, could be a prep product or finishing product - client unlikely to know what products were used I suppose unless she's observant.

Latest posts

Back