Reading material

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemotail

Invisible Geek
Reaction score
Do you have any magazine subscriptions? I have a 2 and plan to take out a couple more to ensure the magazines in my salon are newish.

Silly thing and its a wee bit shallow but I hate old magazines in waiting areas! I dont mean a few weeks or even a couple of months old, I am talking about a couple of years old - dogeared and torn pages. I start reading them, spot something I like and mentally note the name of the shop etc. only to find the magazine is from June 2003 :irked:
Its a little thing but I feel its often negelected and doesnt give a good impression of the salon when the mags have been lying about in reception for a few years. Maybe its just me but I love the chance to read up to date gossip and interviews, scan the latest fashions/ trends and have a different mag to read when I go back.

If you provide magazines for clients do you make sure they are recent?
Do you give them trade magazines like Scratch, glossies like Marie Claire or cheapy weeklys like Take a Break?

heat is a fab mag to get.... all my clients love it and cos its weekly you can keep it updated regulary :)

i also get nme... but none of my clients want that... its just for me!...lol

i dont put trade mags out as it lists things like prices and different products then you get the .... i like that colour blah blah iykwim and its the one colour i never have....lol

Jess
xox

Ooh I dont get Heat - I do get Now, Closer and Glamour. def going to get Marie Claire and 1 other - thought maybe Hello although I am not a fan myself.
I have noticed hairdressers usually leave trade mags lying around for inspiration I suppose. Some fab pics for inspiration in our trade mags but yes agree about the prices..... think I might make a inspiration book of my own pics and some pics from trade mags.
KxXx

I would consider Red if you have 30+ clients, it's still a good glossy but not really girly.

Heat and Now as well as Hello and OK go well in the dentist's where i am.:hug:

Cool will look at that, what about Grazia - anyone read it, is it any good?
I used to have an Instyle sub but wasnt that impressed.

i dont like grazia.... personally.... its why i stopped reading glossys like marie claire etc....... some of them feature stuff thats nt high street iykwim
i get soap mag, heat and my music mags and im happy :D

Grazia is very good and mega up to date but when I worked it out at £6.80 every 4 weeks I definitely didn't think it iwas worth that.

I used to love She but it is hopeless now imo
Instyle i have only had a few times not overly impressed.

My staples are Marie Claire, Red, Glamour and to kid on I am a youngster New Woman.

At the moment though i still have August Sept, Oct and Nov issues sitting here lol

my daughter is the first one in the queue at the newsagents a couple of doors away for her weekly OK mag, must admit though, the clients fight over it as soon as she puts it down. :lol:
i find clients dont wait long enough to read, just flick through lookin at pictures.

Latest posts

Back