Really screwed up :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suki

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've just got my extension business up and running and have my first 2 proper full paying clients this week having done consultations last week.

Problem is I've totally screwed up on the hair, basically I colour matched them from the supplier colour chart but have totally misunderstood their price brochure- I didn't realise the price for prebonds was on top of the cost of the hair so I have ordered hair that costs twice as much as what I have charged the clients.:eek:
Problem is it's too late to go back and order from somewhere else as both are desperate for their hair doing asap and I don't really want to lose face by confessing what a balls up I've made.
Oh and the kids aren't back at school yet and are running around whilst i'm trying to sort this stuff out. Nightmare:cry:
Please tell me everyone has done stupid stuff like this, I really feel just like giving up at the moment.

S x

I don't work in the hair industry (just beauty) but it's often best just to come clean; you certainly can't afford a loss at the beginning of a start-up business! Tell them the truth that when you priced the job you misunderstood the price-list & that the cost is more than you had estimated. There's no losing face as everyone makes mistakes & most clients will understand.

Thanks. I spoke to one of my clients and wasn't happy to pay the extra so I have done some damage limitation and cancelled part of the order. I feel really bad about messing the company about but I guess these things happen.
Just feel I am getting everything a**e about face at the moment. I guess it will get easier with practice.

S x

When starting a new business it often takes a while to get used to ordering products; we all make mistakes at first, but with time & practice we get better...hopefully!

Hi
I think this can happen to anyone, I would personally contact the clients and state something has gone wrong with the supplier end and have a look round for another supplier. I do think its good to have two or three suppliers and also have some hair in stock if possible. For instance I have hard of other stories from hair extensionists that they have run out of hair and the client has had to come back the next day or some horro story like that. This has never happened to me and I wouldnt let it happen as I always ensure I have enough hair even if I order a little too much.

I hope that you can resolve this as soon as possible. let us know how you go on. Which suppliers are you using? The best advice I would give is to ring the supplier and have a conversation about the brochure prices and if your orders are regular they may give you a discount if you ask.

I get a discount on my hair that I order from two of my suppliers but thats only through asking. You got to be cheeky sometimes.

Have pm'ed you :)

S x

Latest posts

Back