Really stupid question-hair salons

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VikkiBP

Reaction score
I live in the middle of nowhere and it's a trek to get to the nearest town and there isn't a lot of choice in terms of salons. I've been looking for a salon that uses the brands that I'd like to be used on my hair and can't find one that uses a colour brand I really like. If a customer came to your salon and asked for a cut and colour job (and would be a repeat customer) but asks for a specific brand (different brand the salon used) would the hairdresser/owner tend to refuse or would they order the colour and do the service?

I live in the middle of nowhere and it's a trek to get to the nearest town and there isn't a lot of choice in terms of salons. I've been looking for a salon that uses the brands that I'd like to be used on my hair and can't find one that uses a colour brand I really like. If a customer came to your salon and asked for a cut and colour job (and would be a repeat customer) but asks for a specific brand (different brand the salon used) would the hairdresser/owner tend to refuse or would they order the colour and do the service?

I have a couple of customers that only use a certain brand,I do buy it in for them but they are repeat customers & have been coming to me for years. :biggrin:

Depends on the salon.. Some salons have contracts with I.e wella and they can't use any other brands in the salon but u can always just ask

Ok thank you ladies, I'll ask them. Didn't want to look like a total plonker by asking :)

Depends. Some colour houses only supply direct, and the salon would have to buy the complete line, so for instance if you wanted Redken colour, a salon cannot buy it unless they buy the complete package.

You would just have to ask them, but personally I would not as I love the brand I use and have a very good knowledge of all the colours and how they work, if I was to just pick up a colour for you from a another brand it would be a bit of a guess as to it begin right if that makes sense :)

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Why do you want to use a specific brand?

Why do you want to use a specific brand?

From a layman perspective, if a colour/product range has been used successfully on my hair then it would search for someone else who used that product, say if I moved to a different area.

From a layman perspective, if a colour/product range has been used successfully on my hair then it would search for someone else who used that product, say if I moved to a different area.

If a colourist is good they should be able to replicate.. But yes I understand from a client point of view it eliminates disappointment :)

Latest posts

Back