Really thin nail.. Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noisysmurf

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've just finished a course in UV Gel Extensions, we had to work on each other and i've filed most of the gel off now but on one nail i think i've gone to far as my nail is really thin and its really uncomfortable!! Is there anything i can do to ease the discomfort??

Really not sure i like the idea of having to buff off this gel... maybe i should have done acylics :(

Thanks
x

Any product if mis-used will cause nail problems. Not all Gel is buff off & that is why I chose to work with Bio Sculpture Gel which is a Soak off gel that soaks off within 10 minutes - It is Non Chip, Non Smudge, comes in over 140 available colours & has a 5 Star Safety Rating ....

Research what you want from a product & take things from there. I personally dont like Acrylics. Acrylics dont necessarily damage the nails its how the clients remove them or how badly they are applied by untrained technicians ..... You need to look at the reasons as to why you chose Gel over Acrylics in the first place.... Practice, Practice & learn quickly from mistakes, as mistakes cost money

In the meantime use plenty of Solar Oil & that will help you with the nail discomfort...

Solar oil, hun. If it's that bad, pop a plaster over it when doing heavy-handed jobs to avoid knocking it and making it worse. xxx

Any product if mis-used will cause nail problems. Not all Gel is buff off & that is why I chose to work with Bio Sculpture Gel which is a Soak off gel that soaks off within 10 minutes - It is Non Chip, Non Smudge, comes in over 140 available colours & has a 5 Star Safety Rating ....

Research what you want from a product & take things from there. I personally dont like Acrylics. Acrylics dont necessarily damage the nails its how the clients remove them or how badly they are applied by untrained technicians ..... You need to look at the reasons as to why you chose Gel over Acrylics in the first place.... Practice, Practice & learn quickly from mistakes, as mistakes cost money

In the meantime use plenty of Solar Oil & that will help you with the nail discomfort...

Hi

Your comment regarding Bio Sculpture is interesting. Are there specific training with this brand, or is all gel training basically the same. I am interested in quite a few brands and wonder will I have to train in all?

Thank you.

Coco

Thanks guys, just bought some solar oil :)

I rushed into doing a course in nails and choose gel after having probs with acrylic application some time ago... Think I should of looked more into what other products are available, I'm def gonna book on some kind of soft uv gel course (not decided on brand yet) think I'll look up bio-sculpture too!!

Latest posts

Back