Rebalance hell!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alice palace

Reaction score
Hi,
I am a junior nail tech just starting out and there are so many things that i cant seem to getto grips with, i think im doing ok one day and the next i feel really deflated as i am not happy with the work i have done at all.

Im quite compfortable with putting a complete new set on a client as i use white tips as a kind of guide for putting my white liquid and powder on. Is this acceptable?i think it looks better as it gives a really crisp smile line, but i just cant get to grips with doing the smile line myself, it never looks crfisp and it is always too thick, has anyone got any advice?

As i said, im fine with doing a new set but i really hate doing rebalancing, how long should it take on average? i sort of end up doing a full set on the existing set and it never ever looks as good as the first application, has any one got any advice on this aswell, how can i make them look as good?

i know my questions area little vague but any advice or info would b really appreciated, thank you!!

Just looking at your profile, you haven't mentioned any of the training you have done so far. Could you just fill in that part of your profile and that will give us a better idea of what stage you are at.

It'll help us to help you.:wink2:

Welcome to the site by the way!

Hun i know it's boring but all it takes is practice.
Do you have a practice hand or finger?
If you dont try this, a disposable glove, fill with fine bird seed and then put another disposable glove over the top for added strength and then tie up so the seed doesn't come out.
You can make as many of these as you need.
Stick some fake nails on the hand and when you start practicing just use some blue tac to stick your tip on the hand, so you are able to remove it when you've finished.
Practice heaps, do about 2 full sets a day if you can.

forgot to mention, when you re balance, rebalance your own work.
do a french (free-hand is better for practice) but deliberately make the white further down the free edge so you can rebalance it.

make the white further down the free edge so you can rebalance it.

Do you know what it is? That is a brilliant idea, and I've never seen it anywhere else! So simple too, well done for posting that! :hug:

Yeh thats a fab idea, which id known before i bought my nail trainer!

I do try and practise everyday, but its different on a nail trainer to the real thing aint it, the trainers hasnt got any feelings!!

I know its prectise that makes you better but it really gets you down when you dont seem to b improving at all, it sucks!!

Hi Tiger Jay, ive addded details about my training on my profile , hope it helps!

I agree It's not the same as workin on a real hand. But It's still good advice. In fact..... Addin birdseed to my shopping list now.

i'm glad i can help.
Alice hun i know it's hard and i have my down days too, we all do, even the best of us i'm sure.
With your practicing dont focus so much on the perfection thing, but more on the numbers you do. If your not being so fussy and at the end of the day you see just how much you have done then you may look and pick at your work and i think you will find you can see your work improving before your very eyes. Simply because you have not been so worried about it.
Focus on how many nails youve done, not how good it looks.

Hi Tiger Jay, ive addded details about my training on my profile , hope it helps!
Lovely thanks!

You know it's not easy, especially at the beginning. I remember being so full of self doubt when I first started. Rebalancing use to be an absolute nightmare for me.

It all takes time and lots of practice. Even now 6 years down the line I still see areas I could be perfecting, so it's an on going learning thing, really.

Stick with it, and you'll crack it.

There's plenty of help on here to guide you!:)

As i said, im fine with doing a new set but i really hate doing rebalancing, how long should it take on average? i sort of end up doing a full set on the existing set and it never ever looks as good as the first application, has any one got any advice on this aswell, how can i make them look as good?

!!

Hi, this is a common mistake when you start out. What you have to realise is that you cannot treat this as like doing a new set.
If you think about it, in your file prep you have maybe removed about 50% of the product...therefore if you apply like a new set you will apply 100% of product. This leaves the client with thick bulky 150% nails!!

The best tip I can give you is to only apply what you have removed, including of course covering the regrowth.

The best tip I can give you is to only apply what you have removed, including of course covering the regrowth.

couldnt agree more...and only remove what you have too.

Latest posts

Back