Rebalance or infills?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nail Love

Reaction score
can anybody please explain the difference between infills and rebalancing?

Thanks in advance
xx

rebalancing is replacing the whites and rebalancing the whole nail including the growth area at zone 3, the apex etc...
an infill is just replacing the product in the growth area at zone 3.hths.x

When the nails have grown, leaving a gap in z3, but the Whites are still in a good position (ie - you can't see the natural free edge below the smile) you would need to infill.
For an infill, I take down some length if the client wants me too - thin the new free edge, which naturally moves the apex back to where it should be - and then fill z3, blending into z2.
An infill is usually done 2 weeks after a new set.

I consider a rebalance to be when the White needs to be moved back (ie when the natural free edge is visable.)
So I do the same as above, but remove enough product to enable me to replace the white without creating a bulky nail.
It is usually necessary to rebalance 4 weeks after a new set.

So, it would 'normally' go:
Full set
Infill (2 weeks later)
Rebalance (2 weeks later)
Infill (2 weeks later)
Rebalance (2 weeks later) and so on.

All clients are different, some go longer...

Hope that made sense!

thanks geeks, really appreciate it, so many jargos i havnt picked up on. so much to learn since being out of the industry for soo long, hey weve even got popIts out now - something id never heard of before the break, have read some stuff up on it, any further advice? and thanks again to all that helped me out.
xx

thanks from me too i was just away to ask that!!

When client returns after 2 weeks (preferably 2 as the nails should still be in good condition with not too much growth) you should really be looking at every individual nail and doing what is necessary to bring the nail back to it's original state.

Some nails may require an infill, some a rebalance, perhaps all may only require infills or all may require a full rebalance but usually you will find that each nail has it's own needs :)

:idea:Diagnose each nail as you come to it and do what is necessary to bring it back to it's full beauty and balance.:idea:

Latest posts

Back