Rebalance question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RachFace

Reaction score
I did my first rebalance last night after completing the CND foundation course and a couple of the nails has a large-ish area of slight lifting on the left side wall (always in the same place - not coincidence me thinks!). My question is that i managed to deal with the lifting quite well although it took some time but when i then used sheer pure pink powder on zones 2 and 3 you could see the line through it clearly. Does that mean i needed to blend the edge better where the old enhancement met the natural nail or would this always be the case? I did mention to her that i could use an opaque pink powder next time as i have one to try but i figured it mustnt be the case that you cant use sheer for rebalance so i thought id just ask some of you experienced lovely ladies on here

Thx :D

I did my first rebalance last night after completing the CND foundation course and a couple of the nails has a large-ish area of slight lifting on the left side wall (always in the same place - not coincidence me thinks!). My question is that i managed to deal with the lifting quite well although it took some time but when i then used sheer pure pink powder on zones 2 and 3 you could see the line through it clearly. Does that mean i needed to blend the edge better where the old enhancement met the natural nail or would this always be the case? I did mention to her that i could use an opaque pink powder next time as i have one to try but i figured it mustnt be the case that you cant use sheer for rebalance so i thought id just ask some of you experienced lovely ladies on here

Thx :D
Hi Rachel ....

Couple of things here to address.

1. I would not advise you use opaque powders until you have the lifiting issue solved. Opaque powders can hide the beginnings of a bacterial infection that can result from the lifting so best not to use it for now.

2. I'm pretty sure that the lifting only down the one side is because you are right handed and are not pressing firmly enough when you place the product on that side of the nail ... Most right-handers find it easier to press and smooth on the right-hand side of the nail and skimp on the left hand side ... pay particular attention to the left hand side if you are a right handed technician.

3. You can certainly use sheer powders for a rebalance and you should not see any lines. The lines are from the lifting and when you solve the lifting you will solve the lines. :hug: Solve it ... don't cover it up.

4. http://www.salongeek.com/nail-finishing-maintenance/8573-file-control-part-4-during-rebalance.html This tutorial of mine should shed light on how to deal with lifted material during the rebalance appointment BUT best not to have the problem in the first place.

HTH

Thanks Geeg, a font of knowledge as always :D

I know youre right and i wondered if i might be touching the skin on the left side too. Im finding that i am getting better by practicing but would benefit from someone watching what im doing on a one to one basis and pointing out the errors im no doubt making!

Can I ask you another question - in the file control rebalance tutorial you say to use a new abrasive for a rebalance. I did swop to a new one mid way last night and noticed it was much better so my file was clearly clogged up with dust (I havent bought a hard nail brush yet to clean). So my question is do you use a brand new file for each rebalance?? Would cleaning the dust out be sufficient?

Also you say you use 180/240 grit abrasive. I dont have a single file which covers both these so would use the 180 grit side of the blizzard followed by the 240 side of the outblack. Is that right?

Thx :)

Thanks Geeg, a font of knowledge as always :D

I know youre right and i wondered if i might be touching the skin on the left side too. Im finding that i am getting better by practicing but would benefit from someone watching what im doing on a one to one basis and pointing out the errors im no doubt making!

Can I ask you another question - in the file control rebalance tutorial you say to use a new abrasive for a rebalance. I did swop to a new one mid way last night and noticed it was much better so my file was clearly clogged up with dust (I havent bought a hard nail brush yet to clean). So my question is do you use a brand new file for each rebalance?? Would cleaning the dust out be sufficient?

Also you say you use 180/240 grit abrasive. I dont have a single file which covers both these so would use the 180 grit side of the blizzard followed by the 240 side of the outblack. Is that right?

Thx :)

Touching the skin would definitely cause lift. Make sure you lead the client to turn her hand while you are working so you can really see what you are doing down that left hand side and press and guide the product back towards the centre of the nail whilst holding the skin back from the side wall when you work ... your lifting problems will be OVER.

Yep use the boards that work best for you i what ever way you need to .. grits are not written in stone. To be perfectly honest, I work with a 240 almost exclusively for everything apart form removing product during the rebalance (now I am using my new KUPA for lots of French Rebalance work) but don't tell anyone or they would faint!! Efiles have changed and so have I. lol

LOL Gigi so you think it'll be a big secret now??? I agree, with proper training and proper e-file and bits I have switched more into using the e-file too. I have tried some horrible cheap bits (and a fleabay e-file) too, and wow a difference when you try out quality products...

Latest posts

Back