Rebalancing L+P

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlybyNight

Reaction score
As I am still very new to all this, I only have one L+P client!!!:irked: However, all is not lost!! She has now been back twice for rebalancing. The first time I replaced 2 nails she had broken - her fault. Today I only replaced one. Broken on the loo wall in a hurry to retrieve the paper!!:D They have been looking fine when I finish, but her own nails are coming up fast underneath. She is a smoker and a couple are stained a bit which you can see through the acrylic. She has varnish so not really a problem. How many rebalances should I perform until I soak them off and start again - or should I not need to do this and just keep going until they are too scruffy?
Any thoughts would be much appreciated.:D

FlybyNight said:
As I am still very new to all this, I only have one L+P client!!!:irked: However, all is not lost!! She has now been back twice for rebalancing. The first time I replaced 2 nails she had broken - her fault. Today I only replaced one. Broken on the loo wall in a hurry to retrieve the paper!!:D They have been looking fine when I finish, but her own nails are coming up fast underneath. She is a smoker and a couple are stained a bit which you can see through the acrylic. She has varnish so not really a problem. How many rebalances should I perform until I soak them off and start again - or should I not need to do this and just keep going until they are too scruffy?
Any thoughts would be much appreciated.:D

hi, not sure if this will help but here goes anyway. the only reason i soak off nails and start again is if they are broken badly and if it would take me longer to rebalance them than to start again. i'm not sure what system/products you use but when i was using a "cheaper brand" i used to have the staining problem. now that i use creative, i have had no problems with dis-colouration.

i also cant see how nails can look scruffy over time. if you are rebalancing correctly then they should look as good as new. have you had a look at the tutorials on here. they might help.

same here, I only soak off if they would take me longer to repair than soak off, rarely happens. I found when i first started doing nails that i was getting discolouration, both with NSI and millenium nails, however since changing to creative i dont experience this any more.
Where is the discolouration allover? or sidewalls/zone 3? reason i ask this is because when i used to have discolouration sometimes it was due to me not sealing the sidewalls properly so i would get it in that area mostly, but as i say since changing to Retention + ive found this not happening anymore.

Like wise I only soak off if I really need to, such as damaged caused by the client etc. Occasionally I'll get a client that will want me to soak them off because they don't like to see their own nails underneath (basically cut the natural nail down and start again)HTH

Thanks girls! The staining was there before I put the enhancements on. I am using Creating powders and Retention+. They are brilliant to use even as a beginner. They have had no lifting, only a bit of growth at the cuticle. I think the staining will go over time as I file the nails down each time...... Hope so anyway!

Am I right in just filling in the growth area and tidying the sides with new acrylic? Not putting the product over the whole nail? Just wondering...!!:confused:

Sounds to me as if you might have separation at the free edge, there is a good article that the Geek has written on this. He called it something funny like 'curlyonysuckus'. HTH

Julie

I am sooo slow at typing!

There didnt seem to be any separation at the free edge. As I previously said she is a smoker, but yesterday she did say that when she makes tea at work she squeezes the bag with her finger!!!:eek: I think the culprit is TEA!!! How do you get rid of stains like this? There is no obvious dirt under or round the nail. I use Creative Cuticle Remover and this does a good job. The nail is actually stained!

Latest posts

Back