Rebuilding a nail - Brisa lite

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lipstick Kisses

Reaction score
Hi geeks, a friend caught her nail on a door when when playing with her son (ouch!) after much bleeding and bruising the damaged nail has come away from the skin (picture below). She has clipped the unattached half off as she kept catching it but has asked if I can rebuild it for her holiday this weekend as she wants nice nails. I've heard of this being done with acrylic (which I can't offer her) but is it possible to do it with Brisa Lite? If so what steps would I follow? Any help much appreciated, thank you! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390170671.577773.jpg

You could re build if i was going to it would prob be Brisa lite id use as it can be applied with out to much messing ,and removed just as easy ,
BUT here is the problem
Damaged nails grew FAST ,
any growth on that will be delicate at risk of turning to , onycholysis ( lifting of the natural nail)
if knocked , hit , caught , any mild trauma , and will hurt like poop to and will increase the amount of time its going to take to grow back properly , :)

You could try just doing the corner but its still at risk , honestly the quickest way for this to fix is to let it grow and keep it as short as possible with out pain ,
Also a ton of solar oil as the exposed nail bed skin will turn harder .

You could shellac in time being to , and maybe if she feels awkward about it wear a plaster for a few hours a day like at work or school .

Thank you! I will see what she says as like you say I don't want hinder the healing and regrowth but if she's desperate I will try and sculpt the corner on Thursday before she goes then remove to let it heal and grow on the Monday when she's back. Hopefully she will choose just a plaster to hide it haha!

Latest posts

Back