Recommendations for an L&P system

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahp

Reaction score
Hi There,

I hope someone can help me:o ....I trained several years ago in L&P. I wasn't happy with the brand I trained in & once qualified, I shopped around and tried other brands. I currently use Star Nails L & P , but I'm still not happy with it. Can't put my finger on the problem, but I just don't feel comfortable with it:confused: .

I recently converted to a gel system (NSI UV Balance) and I'm dead please with it and love using it, but as I still have a few 'heavy handed' clients that are more suited to L&P, I feel it's time to start my quest for a good, all round L&P system.....any recommendations??

Please help!

If you use the search to find favourite L&P there are several threads that will come up - too many for me to post on here LOL.

Hiya,

if you do a search you're bound to come up with hundreds of threads.

What I would advise you to do is get a trial kit from each company and see which you prefer :)

well said , when you are at the next show maybe worth having a chat with other suppliers and having a demo nail for you to try?
linzi said:
Hiya,

if you do a search you're bound to come up with hundreds of threads.

What I would advise you to do is get a trial kit from each company and see which you prefer :)

sarahp said:
Hi There,

I hope someone can help me:o ....I trained several years ago in L&P. I wasn't happy with the brand I trained in & once qualified, I shopped around and tried other brands. I currently use Star Nails L & P , but I'm still not happy with it. Can't put my finger on the problem, but I just don't feel comfortable with it:confused: .

I recently converted to a gel system (NSI UV Balance) and I'm dead please with it and love using it, but as I still have a few 'heavy handed' clients that are more suited to L&P, I feel it's time to start my quest for a good, all round L&P system.....any recommendations??

Please help!

hi sarah, personally i would do a conversion course with creative. i have found their products and training excellent. they are a little more expensive than others but is well worth the money. i've yet to find anyone that hasn't been more than happy with them. i too have tried and tested many a product/company and Creative have definately been the best.

Go to your distributors, watch a demo, ask questions, then choose. Learn everything you can about your choice and follow the directions to the letter. No matter which system you choose it will be the best if you follow the manufacturer's directions exactly. I teach at a school so I have to be able to teach what is available in our area, EZ Flow, Creative Nail, OPI, Backscratchers, Elegant Glass and I used to work for Amoresse. As long as you have the suggested mix ratio, and product placement, you will be happy with what ever you choose.

Make sure that there is continuing education or support for which ever product you choose as well. You will need some one that you can go to for questions and technical support (this site is great for that, but it's hard to visualise what is being described, or we think we're doing what the tutorial says, but we still aren't getting the result we wanted)

Consider the products available and the services you offer, if you do colored gel, will you offer the same for acrylic? Choose something that will support and improve the variety of services you offer. Your L&P should suppliment the services you already offer.

My graduates are faced with this same dilemma, and these are the things I ask them to consider when choosing a product. Tech support, ease of purchase and availability, what fits with the services they are choosing to offer. The major manufacturers spend a great deal of time and effort to make quality products, the hard part is choosing, since when used correctly, they are all the best products. (having said all that, I like CND and EZ Flow best the creative colors are great but I'm too stickin lazy to mix, and EZ Flow has them mixed for me) HTH

Thanks Ladies....you've certainly given me food for thought.....it does seem that the most popular brands are either Creative or Ez Flow. Will look into these some more!

Thanks for all your help/suggestions

why dont you send a pm to monkeystails aka georgie she is an educator for united beauty products (starnails) she may tell you where you are going wrong and what best to do

Latest posts

Back