Red/copper hair extension supplier

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chloe30

Reaction score
Hi there,

Looking for some help. I really need to find a supplier that does some good ginger tones, everyone I've seen just does the typical #30 #33 which is too red and fake looking. I'm attaching a pic for an example of what I'm looking for. Any help so much appreciated :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    299.6 KB · Views: 108
Hi there,

Looking for some help. I really need to find a supplier that does some good ginger tones, everyone I've seen just does the typical #30 #33 which is too red and fake looking. I'm attaching a pic for an example of what I'm looking for. Any help so much appreciated :)
Thats transform colour 30 Mongolia hair

fabulong do some gorgeous copper shades x

fabulong do some gorgeous copper shades x

Can anyone tell me what number # fabulong' ginger is? Like the bright ginger shade? Have a ginger client but don't have a colour ring! Many thanks!

Hair port can custom match any ginger / reds....the website has been down for ages but they still reply via Facebook / email

You know, there is a nicer more professional sounding way to refer to redheads than "ginger".

You know, there is a nicer more professional sounding way to refer to redheads than "ginger".

I didn't realise describing someone's colour as ginger was offensive, the context wasn't derogatory.

Fabulong have shades of reds and coppers but one very striking colour which can only accurately be described as ginger.

For goodness sake...

Can anyone tell me what number # fabulong' ginger is? Like the bright ginger shade? Have a ginger client but don't have a colour ring! Many thanks!
this one? :)
11836685_1644947049112056_4906382462893779652_n.jpg

I didn't realise describing someone's colour as ginger was offensive, the context wasn't derogatory.
For goodness sake...

Yes, it is a derogatory term in the same way as calling someone 'fatty' is.
How can you not know that?

On this forum the correct technical terms are red or copper.

Yes, it is a derogatory term in the same way as calling someone 'fatty' is.
How can you not know that?

On this forum the correct technical terms are red or copper.

I don't agree. But thank you for teaching me the correct technical term..

Are you a redhead? If so, then your opinion regarding the derogatory nature of the term "ginger" might have some relevance. However, it is, regardless of you opinion, not a professional term.

You're welcome.
I'm really surprised no-one taught you this at college? It was something they were very clear about on my level 2 course.

Seriously, if you have a client with naturally red hair and you insist on saying ginger, you might find the client walks. People with natural red hair are used to others calling them various names related to their hair colour but it really isn't professional etiquette for a hairdresser to do this.

You're welcome.
I'm really surprised no-one taught you this at college? It was something they were very clear about on my level 2 course.

Seriously, if you have a client with naturally red hair and you insist on saying ginger, you might find the client walks. People with natural red hair are used to others calling them various names related to their hair colour but it really isn't professional etiquette for a hairdresser to do this.

The client herself described her hair as ginger, because this is the colour it is, as I said before, this particular shade of extension, to not be confused with all the other copper/red shades, can only be described as ginger.

"Excuse me, I know my hair is black but please do not use that word as it offends me...."

This is actually crazy, what a fuss over a term! A spade is a spade imo, if you're ginger, you're ginger, if you're red, you're red etc etc.

Anyway, apologises to the redheads I may have offended my using the "wrong" term. I will know now in future, even if the client uses the term ginger, to not repeat it as it may cause offence. Thank you.

I called a ginger client a redhead recently and she had a right go at me. "I'm ginger NOT red". I myself am dishwater dull dark blonde with 50% grey but my niece is ginger, and calls herself ginger, my personal trainer is ginger, and calls herself ginger and generally when I get enquiries for extensions my clients say "I'm ginger, will you be able to match that?" Maybe it's different in different parts of the world? It's certainly not derogatory in London anymore unless it's said with a certain tone of disgust and that's true of any word!! Ive always been very jealous of ginger hair, I think it's absolutely beautiful!!

Probably due to the fact clients are not aware of technical terms and aren't able to describe their hair in a specific professional manner.

A client could describe their hair as black when really its only a 4.

Ginger is actually quite yellow though, isn't it?

I'm now wondering where term to describe copper/red hair comes from, as Root ginger is quite a pale yellow without any hint of red. Strange!

Latest posts

Back