red hair color gone wrong

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeldana

Reaction score
hello everyone im in need of some help

i have had my hair dyed red but it has gon very bright which isent what i wanted i wanted a light red but not a bright red can anyone advise me of how to get rid of it or make it duller

any help much apprecheated

what brand did you use and was it from a box or from a proffesional range?

i used a box (live colour xxl 35 real red) but on my hair it looks like a very bright red orange all i realy want to do i soften it so its not as bright someone said use a stripper but im a bit worred about putting more harsh products on my hair then is needed

I would get it done professioanly, you never know what you are gonna get with home hair dyes epecially if your hair was already coloured before. you should have done a strand test before you dyed your hair, if it was too red and bright with no orange i would have suggested you take the hair down one or two shades to tone it down.sorry I couldnt be any help but better to be safe then sorry, go to a salon.

yes i should have done a strand test first the only problem is i dont get payed for another 2 weeds i ahve hers some when that washing it with an anti-dandruff shampoo will help soften it?

anti dandruff shampoo, will start to strip the colour

well ill give that a go if it dosent work ill head straight to a hairdresser when i get payed thanks for your help

reds are known for fading pretty fast anyway so just wash it alot with normal shampoo,

well i gave the anti dandruf shampoo a go it has taken out all the orange which is good but my roots are still bright red not as bright as they were but ow well think ill just live with it and wash my hair every other day x

If the orange is out take your hair down a couple levels with red. Like if the red was a 6 take it down to 5 or 4 hope it helps x

I don't think if she's not a haitdresser she will know what a base 5 etc is! I would just recommend going to see a salon or college cos it's a lot cheaper! X

I thought she is a hairdresser? I did say earlier in the above to go a salon as they will fix it.

all sorted went to the local college and theay striped it out for me but not only that it has striped alll the colour i have ever put on out and i never realised that my natural colour was realy pretty sort of a golden auburn im so happy with it now, anyway thanks for all your help x

Latest posts

Back