Red Hair Colour Products?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smyths

Reaction score
Hi guys can you pls reccomended best products ie shampoo and conditioner for a recently dyed new redhead and any tips you have for keeping The colour and adding shine would be most welcome. Thank you xx

Hi guys can you pls reccomended best products ie shampoo and conditioner for a recently dyed new redhead and any tips you have for keeping The colour and adding shine would be most welcome. Thank you xx

Pureology shampoo and conditioner specifically designed to prevent colour fade x

Along with a good shampoo and conditioner you could try the revlon colour ball. It's an at home after colour treatment, like a top up in between visits. My friend uses it on her copper locks....it really does keep your colour bright. Ps use gloves :)

Thanks guys what's the pureology product called? Is it ok to use serum for shine or can that ruin the red?

Thanks guys what's the pureology product called? Is it ok to use serum for shine or can that ruin the red?

The entire range of pureology is colour protective so if it's damage and coloured go for damage repair, but I think go for the specific colour care, sorry can't remember the name of it, I don't think serum would affect the red but again you want a serum with UVA protection to protect your hair from the sun fading it, even in winter time.

Along with a good shampoo and conditioner you could try the revlon colour ball. It's an at home after colour treatment, like a top up in between visits. My friend uses it on her copper locks....it really does keep your colour bright. Ps use gloves :)

I second this. It's really good as it puts the red back in your hair. And is really conditioning. Ive mixed it 50/50 with my conditioner too. Used it for years, every time I've been red.

With pureology does your colour still rinse away a bit or does it properly lock it in? When I was last red I had to wear gloves just to wash my hair lol.

I second this. It's really good as it puts the red back in your hair. And is really conditioning. Ive mixed it 50/50 with my conditioner too. Used it for years, every time I've been red.

With pureology does your colour still rinse away a bit or does it properly lock it in? When I was last red I had to wear gloves just to wash my hair lol.

I'm not a hair geek so apologies..but I can tell you our experience with reds and Pureology, so I hope you don't mind. Eldest daughter is NVQ Level 2 Hair Apprentice and has her hair dyed red..and then some!:lol: It was originally a Milkshake colour but then it was dyed again with another product..she's at work so I can't be sure what it was...sorry! It's been given some Affinage B Red inbetween. She uses both Pureology shampoo/conditioner and also Paul Mitchell Colour Protect Shampoo/Conditioner. The water is always a lovely vivid dark-red when she washes with either of these product-ranges - HTH

I'm not a hair geek so apologies..but I can tell you our experience with reds and Pureology, so I hope you don't mind. Eldest daughter is NVQ Level 2 Hair Apprentice and has her hair dyed red..and then some!:lol: It was originally a Milkshake colour but then it was dyed again with another product..she's at work so I can't be sure what it was...sorry! It's been given some Affinage B Red inbetween. She uses both Pureology shampoo/conditioner and also Paul Mitchell Colour Protect Shampoo/Conditioner. The water is always a lovely vivid dark-red when she washes with either of these product-ranges - HTH

Makes the grout in your tiles a lovely pink doesn't it lol.

Makes the grout in your tiles a lovely pink doesn't it lol.
Hmmmm - it probably would, if we didn't already have a reddy-pink coloured grout already lol!!:lol::lol: I kid you not - the grout was pigmented with a special dye powder and it's lasted 9 years and still going strong....if only red dyes lasted:lol:

What is the revlon colour ball ?? Where can you buy it. I have cherry red hair and have been at the wholesalers today looking for a red shampoo / conditioner like the purple blonde ones, but nothing :cry:, Aveda do a red colour conditioner but its reaaallllyyyy exspensive.

For the Revlon color ball both Sallys and Dennis Williams both sell it. Google it or look on Amazon. Ive seen it on there. Theres quite a few colours to choose from too.

Also, All pureology shampoo and conditioner is colour care specific. They do a hydrate, repair, smoothing and volume range I think.... Defiantly worth the money.

Latest posts

Back