Red hair tomorrow, advice needed please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelly123

Reaction score
Hi all, I am colouring my friends hair tomorrow and she wants to go red with some brighter red through it.
The last colour she had on 6 weeks ago was 44/66 in Wella koleston, which has faded now and hardly has any violet showing at all.
I was thinking of using (Wella koleston) 77/46 all over, with some foils on with bleach and 6% and then put the intense red colour cocktail receipe that was on here a few weeks ago (20 ml 77/46 + 20ml 0/43 + 20 ml 0/45 + 6%) as a toner over the bleached prelightned parts.

What do you think?

:)

Tint doesn't lift tint, you'll need to prelighten if your using a 7, I'd do 77/46 & 66/46 with 0/65 so it not orange when it fades, then for bright red panels do 66/66 with 0/44 :0)

Is there a 66/66 or am I dreaming it? X

Why don't you try some wella magma foils to add some more intense sections through the hair x

Thank u both, no blue there is no 66/66!
I won't prelighten as the last colour has really faded, she was blonde a while ago! So I think 77/46 66/46 will be fine...
The red foils don't need to be too much of a contrast just a few brighter standoutish strands here and there, hence the colour cocktail? - Which btw has anyone tried?

Thank u both, no blue there is no 66/66!
I won't prelighten as the last colour has really faded, she was blonde a while ago! So I think 77/46 66/46 will be fine...
The red foils don't need to be too much of a contrast just a few brighter standoutish strands here and there, hence the colour cocktail? - Which btw has anyone tried?

You could always do 8/4 with 44/44 to get 66/44? With more /44 hint of /65 no not used the cocktail hun x

Latest posts

Back