Red ombre

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dee

supernatural geek
Reaction score
cambridge,ON canada .. but originally from uk , lo
i came across this the other week and it looks awesome , a nice variation on the traditional ombre !
here the link to it , i have wrote the instructions just so its easy for people to read on here without clicking links

http://www.modernsalon.com/hair-pho...e/Flaming-Red-Ombre-The-How-To-147630775.html

Before: Natural Level 4 with 4-inch regrowth. Previously colored ends with 4N.
Step 1: Prelighten hair to a Level 6/7 with 30-volume developer from mid-shaft to ends, then go back and apply on roots to make sure product is saturated toroughly throughout the entire head. Depending on the porosity and natural level of your client's hair you can formulate with a lower-volume developer.

Step 2: Shampoo and towel dry. Apply Wella Color Touch 44/65 from roots to ends. Process according to instructions.

Step 3: Shampoo and blow dry. Section the hair in quadrants. Forehead to nape, ear to ear. Starting in the back, weave 1/2-inch sections. A thicker weave creates a more dramatic look. In this step-by-step, very thick weaves were used. Tease the hair from mid-shaft to roots about 5 times. The more you tease, the softer the ombre blends.

Step 4: Apply lightener with 20-volume developer on the ends. While applying, feather the color with downward strokes using the brush vertically. Tip: Applying the lightener horizontally creates a harsh, blunt line.

Step 5: When working on the front two quads, take 1/2-inch diagonal forward sections, then tease and apply lightener with the same technique as in steps 3 and 4.

Step 6: Lift the ombre highlights until the desired level is achieved.

Last edited:
Don't be trying to enter this as your competition entry missy ;) x

ok guys heres the link , i wasnt sure if i was allowed to put it but i am sure it will be fine as its an industry magazine
Flaming Red Ombre: The How To

This looks great but one thing thats confusing me...the hair is prelightenened all over, then after tint is applied the ends are lifted again....isnt it pointless and more damaging to colour the ends only to lighten them again straight after? Or have i read it wrong?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

this was done in the usa , and they do things a bit different, i have heard of them doing loads of things i wouldnt even thought of

also they use color touch which is a demi i think i am not a wella user x

you can re formulate to your own desired taste and way of working :D

Peroxide isnt bleach is it lol sorry just looked at that link and comments below some one asked if peroxide would lift hair colour and some one replyed peroxide is bleach and colour does not lift colour sorry i had to mention it it made me giggle x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

this side of the world is very different , lol , it takes a lot of getting used to i was really freaked out when i moved here and saw wella color charm instead of kolesten , lol i have since found a provider of kolesten even tho i dont use it , lol

what i am trying to say is in uk we are used to things being reffered to as certain things , like peroxide .. over here you will no doubt find people that call it bleach ,
its like the word bangs ! arrghhh it drives me mental i was so freaked out the first time someone asked me to but their bangs .. i had no clue what the heck they were on about , lmao

this side of the world is very different , lol , it takes a lot of getting used to i was really freaked out when i moved here and saw wella color charm instead of kolesten , lol i have since found a provider of kolesten even tho i dont use it , lol

what i am trying to say is in uk we are used to things being reffered to as certain things , like peroxide .. over here you will no doubt find people that call it bleach ,
its like the word bangs ! arrghhh it drives me mental i was so freaked out the first time someone asked me to but their bangs .. i had no clue what the heck they were on about , lmao

So tgey call bleach peroxide god you wouldnt think it would be that diffrent so what is peroxide referred to, and i have heard of bangs before is that a heavy side fringe lol x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

This looks great but one thing thats confusing me...the hair is prelightenened all over, then after tint is applied the ends are lifted again....isnt it pointless and more damaging to colour the ends only to lighten them again straight after? Or have i read it wrong?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek
yes i was thinking the same thing do not fancy lightning twice but does look great.:suprised:

Did similar to this last night no pre-lightening tho :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1342560302.805787.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1342560302.805787.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 502
:) .

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1342560399.608992.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1342560399.608992.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 378

Latest posts

Back