Red on grey

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dominie

Reaction score
Hi, I am doing a clients hair this week and she has a base of 10 (fake) and her natural base is 7 with 75% grey she chose 10cg and 8rb in matrix colours. Now I know I have to put neutral in to account for the grey but I I put a lot of 8 neutral in the 8rb wouldn't it almost completely cancel out the red? I'm worried its going to come out very light orange or not really turn out at all, I've never tried putting a red on someone with grey before. Also do I put the mix of neutral and 8rb and neutral and 10cg over her coloured blonde hair or just the colours without the neutral?? I'm assuming that would make the roots and mid lengths/ends come out different colours. Thanx in advance for any advice :)

Or I just thought should I use 75% 8n and 25% sr-r or something similar??

Hi, I am doing a clients hair this week and she has a base of 10 (fake) and her natural base is 7 with 75% grey she chose 10cg and 8rb in matrix colours. Now I know I have to put neutral in to account for the grey but I I put a lot of 8 neutral in the 8rb wouldn't it almost completely cancel out the red? I'm worried its going to come out very light orange or not really turn out at all, I've never tried putting a red on someone with grey before. Also do I put the mix of neutral and 8rb and neutral and 10cg over her coloured blonde hair or just the colours without the neutral?? I'm assuming that would make the roots and mid lengths/ends come out different colours. Thanx in advance for any advice :)

Use 8g as your base Hun.

Latest posts

Back