Red slices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candis

Reaction score
Hi I have a client who would like some red slices in her dark brown hair (tinted)
I'm intending to bleach the slices then use wella 0/45 has anyone used this shade on pre lightend hair? And was it a good result ? X

Hi I used 0/66 on pre lightened hair today. What are you going to mix it with ? I used pastel developer 1:2 ratio but wasn't sure whether to use 6%. I think your colour choice is good but be sure to tell your client it will fade out quite quick. Good Luck :biggrin:

Oh yeah already warned her lol
Haven't read the mfi yet but guess yeah 6% would make more sense wouldn't it for the intensity ?! Xx

Hi i used loreal tints and find the best red coverage over blonde is by using 3 % and a bit of base colour added. I get vibrant results still but reds last longer than wen i have used 6 %, as really u want to stain the blonde as much as poss. My fav red is 6,66 + 6 + 0,600 lovely pillar box red!

absolutly no need to use 6 percent on pre lightened hair, u are depositing only. i would tend to use a tint with tone through it to intensify, tone on its own will go very wishy washy.

Ahh ok well I'm going tomorrow after noon thankfully so u do not think that putting the wella 0/45 onto pre lightend hair will be ok? It said it can be used for that but obviously I value ur opinion as u r talking from experience and I have not done this before. What should I use x

Think they're saying you CAN do that..but it's better mixed with with a bit of base.

It should be ok bleached to a copper and then the 0/45 applied.

Could you not use a majicontrast or magma instead of pre bleaching or is her hair too dark?

Her hair is really dark like a tinted 3 or 4 I bleAched to copper ( took two applications!!) and then applied the 0:45 it was ok but bit patchy and wishy washy on ends , guess that's why adding base would be better hehe so for future ref I will add base silly question but what base would u add ?! The base the client is ?!
I have something similar to do tomorrow where a lady requires bleach high lights but some red wovens around the front I was gonna use up my 0/45 but now not to sure?! She wants bright red so it will fade to pink, any suggestions what might be better?! Although guess if she's already blonde the 0/45 will take better anyways.... Huh?!?
Thanks ladies really apreciate your advise xx

Her hair is really dark like a tinted 3 or 4 I bleAched to copper ( took two applications!!) and then applied the 0:45 it was ok but bit patchy and wishy washy on ends , guess that's why adding base would be better hehe so for future ref I will add base silly question but what base would u add ?! The base the client is ?!
I have something similar to do tomorrow where a lady requires bleach high lights but some red wovens around the front I was gonna use up my 0/45 but now not to sure?! She wants bright red so it will fade to pink, any suggestions what might be better?! Although guess if she's already blonde the 0/45 will take better anyways.... Huh?!?
Thanks ladies really apreciate your advise xx

I done that the otner day and it came out lovely, not wishy washy at all :confused:

Maybe add some 6 or try 6/45 mixed with 0/45

Last edited:
you cud use a demi instead of a tint? i use the redken range of demis shade eq 6 r is nice with red booster, if i have to pre lighten then tone i very rarely use a permanent tint. Depend on the result you want , how bright ect, and what u have lifted there hair up to, but i find results more even in tone wen a demi is used over pre lighted hair as it stains the hair more,:biggrin::biggrin: resulting in a stronger and longer lasting colour. :)

Ok lovely I will pop down to ultimate or sallys in the morning they don't do that brand but colour touch could do the trick?! X

She rang me today and after washing her hair it's washed out ?! Going back tomorrow to put more red in I have majicontrast red
Do u think that will be ok to put straight over I lifted to an gingery orange and then put the 0/45 wella on which has washed right out!
Dunno if to bleach some more before I put the red on?! Help please hehe c

you wont need to bleach up more to put majicontrast red on!

Ok great so just put the majicontrast red on with 10vol for 35 mins will do the trick yeah?! Oh good stuff thanks xx

Latest posts

Back