Red to pastel pink

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klb

Reaction score
I have a client that I would like to take from Hot Red to Pastel Pink, I have an idea how to go about it but I would like advice from anyone that has tried to achieve it.

Here Natural Colour is a level 4

Current Colour-
We lift her level 4 roots with a 7bc socolour 30vol to achieve and orange base to apply red. Her Hot Red colour is Revlon Colour Ball Fire Red and Red Violet.

She would like the end result to be a very pale Pastel Pink.

Does anyone think this could be achieved without the use of a lightener to lift her red to pink with out removing the colour completely to blonde then applying a toner? As in high lift blondes etc

Thanks a Bunch!

Last edited:
No you will have to use bleach. And you will have to get it as light as possible. You will never get a pale pastel pink from a strong red. Closest you could get I would imagine would be a salmony colour. And is it really worth all that lightening every month with herregrowth to get her to a base 9/10?? You said shes a base 4? I would say to her what your after isnt possible but i can get you as close to it as possible, maybe try and persade her to go for a base 8 shade instead of so light as well. The thing is you will need a really clean base 10 to get a pastel pink. Good luck to you. You'll need it!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm not legally qualified in colour as of yet because of my school being dodgy but I do know a bit about colour. Enough to know this is actually possible.

How quickly does she want the result? Maybe get her to come in a few sessions as you lighten it while getting her to use a deep cleansing shampoo. Some cleansing shampoo's help strip the colour so if she's doing that at home then it might make your job a little easier.

I'd get her to a level 10 because a pastel colour won't show up unless the hair is close to platinum. Basically you'll need the colour of the inside of a banana at the darkest. As to how to achieve the pastel? Most colour brands have a pastel mix.

I'm not legally qualified in colour as of yet because of my school being dodgy but I do know a bit about colour. Enough to know this is actually possible.

How quickly does she want the result? Maybe get her to come in a few sessions as you lighten it while getting her to use a deep cleansing shampoo. Some cleansing shampoo's help strip the colour so if she's doing that at home then it might make your job a little easier.

I'd get her to a level 10 because a pastel colour won't show up unless the hair is close to platinum. Basically you'll need the colour of the inside of a banana at the darkest. As to how to achieve the pastel? Most colour brands have a pastel mix.

No disrespect but because your not yet qualified you dont yet have the experience to know that her hair will be like chewing gum after bleach bath after bleach bath and getting a natural base 4 to lift to base 10 every 6 weeks is going to be very hard maintenance wise for the client and her purse strings (plus all the treatments she will have to buy) and her hair will soon be breaking off. Its not getting from a current base 7 to a ten thats the hard work it will be getting rid of the red x

I figured as much but I thought I would see if anyone had some magic miracle solution. Thanks a bunch! Cheers

Sienna miller had a beautiful pinky copper of around base 8-9 you could show this to the client and say this is more realistic. Search for it on google. I would lift to however u want to lift but u only need one shade, its more to get the red out. Bleach with triple pastel full head is good and saves time more than faffing around with bleach baths in this case. Then adjust your formula to however the roots are to what the midlengths are. It will probably be very orange so I would just do a natural base with /65 mix tone. But remember to match the roots to ends correctly. X

Just relooked at siennas its darker towards the roots but very light on the ends. Just make sure she doesnt think its going to be the colour on the ends! X

Latest posts

Back