Referral Schemes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam28

Reaction score
Going to introduce a customer "introduce a friend" get X% off a treatment offer. How do others run it ie. have you had some cards made up that you give to customers and they hand it to a friend to bring in or do you just ask them to get their friends to mention their name and keep a log etc etc ??? Has anyone got any opinions on this scheme good or bad ??

Hiyah
I hand the client 3 business cards and tell them to make sure they tell thier friend to mention their name or get them to write their name on the back of it and then I make a note on the clients record card when their friend hands me the card so then they get the discount on their next visit, I then either call or text the client letting them know that they have a discount ready, it works a treat, I vary the discount/treatment sometimes its £5 off or half price infill or free bottle of soalr oil just depends on time of year.

hth
Sue x

Thanks for the info, thats really helpful. Am wondering from what you saying if the thoughts we had about a half price treatment was a bit too much. We are a new business and need to pull the clients in. I suppose we could start off with that and then once we get busier could lower to £5 off - what do you think ??? x

Hiyah
I think its all trial and error to start with, IMO I think rewarding clients is the way forward to help us through the credit crunch.

Good luck hun
Sue xx

Hi Sam

You've got some great advice there. Here is how the salons I work with do it:

They hand each client a 5 x £5 voucher (off treatments over £35, oh and they have an expiry date on too) to each client with their clients name already written on it. They tell the client that for each voucher redeemed they will get an extra special treatment worth £25 FREE for encouraging their friend. And if all 5 vouchers are redeemed they get another extra treatment FREE.

This way the most it is costing you is the extra cost of the treatments plus the £5 off. And the great thing here is that you decide the extra treatment you give them. PLUS you never know next time they might just book in and pay for that treatment!

Personally I'd never advise giving away a discount. All this does is take money out of your till and gives the client the impression that you could do it for this price all along!

Hope this helps

PM me if you need anything clarified!

:hug:

Latest posts

Back