Refreshing ends

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russell

Reaction score
I use loreal majirel and always told to add 10-15 mls of water to remaining mixture after doing a re-growth to refresh mid lengths and ends, for 5 or 15 mins depending on fade, would a semi be better for the hair or is it the same as it has been diluted ?

You want to make sure to wait the proper 15 to 20 minutes after finishing the root application, so that the peroxide/lifting stage of the color process is finished, and then it is the same as a semi.

You can use either. Refreshing the ends with majirel and is often the most economical, however using something less alkaline such as dia richesse, or even better dialight will be better for the condition of the hair, and ultimatly last longer.

If you choose to use majirel on the ends you should make sure the mixture is suitable for the lengths and ends. For example if you added base to cover white, you would need to remix with the target shade only and add a few cm of a warmer shade (colour matching) to prevent the ends looking flat. Same goes if you used 30 vol, remix with 20 vol.

If you can get some dia light, you do get a richer, softer result. The product is acidic so very gentle and it is a very runny product so you can apply the lenths and ends very quickly.

Thanks that what I thought, would rather use a semi as easier to apply and better for the hair as could use a lower vol, cheers

I usually spray the hair with water then use the remaining tint through ends

Latest posts

Back