Refreshing skills, getting back on track

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirstymck

Reaction score
hi all, im new and this is my first post, hope its ok to bother you all with my question.
i qualified in 2009, and had babies before i got the chance to enter the profession as a brand new shiny hairdresser. now my children are both of school age and im looking to get back on track with my hairdressing career, problem is ive forgotten the practical side of a good few of my cuts and trends and styles have changed a lot since i qualified. to get back into thing i was thinking about going volunteer to a hairdressers (almost like an apprenticeship)whilst kids are at school to see if they will give me the chance to refresh my skills and fine tune the ones i do still remember, problem is im unsure whether any salon would be willing to help me with this? also i was looking for ideas anyone else that has been in a similar situation went about restarting their own careers. any tips would be greatly recieved. thank you in advance.

Hi, thats what we are here for!!! I had 2 kids one after the other and felt after maternity leave I had no confidence. So I went back done my HNC and the college paid for my kids nursery while o was studding!! Best thing I ever done. Went right back to basics and left more educated than the staff that were full time in the salon. Now I have applied for my TQFE and hopefully teaching by next year. I hope this gives you hope

Latest posts

Back