Refreshments with nail services?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi geeks

Do you all provide refreshments like tea/coffee/soft drink with your services?

Yes I do and a biscuit or a chochy x

I do tea/coffee/soft drinks & a biscuit. I join them in a coffee sometimes too :)

I tend to offer a cold drink, water, juice, they cant really be drinking too much whilst Im working on their hands and I book my clients back to back so if they havent finished their tea/coffee at the end I would feel like I was hurrying them out the door.

Pedis I do tend to more often as I can make it whilst they are soaking off and they are able to sit and pour it etc.

Glass of water for hands.......tea coffee feet :cool:

I don't because my LED lamp is on my desk. I realise that I am being over cautious, but the thought of an accident with fluids and electrical equipment scare the life out of me.

i only offer a drink if they're having a pedi or similiar.....with hands they're too busy flying hands in and out of lamps they would either spill a drink or it'd get cold......
besides the fact that they'd smudge or stick something to their nails or just slow me down too much.....

i do offer a drink and buy 12 packs of water from lidl which only cost £1.99 :)

Yes especially if its a reshellac, I wrap their fingers/toes then go and make them whatever they want i bought a fab coffee machine for them (and me!) that makes Latte's, cappacino's etc, I am planning on getting some of the individually wrapped biscuits when i can get to the wholesalers too !

I was told when training not to have drinks on the working desk for hygiene, the thought of drinking nail dust etc so I have just kept that as a rule! :) maybe I should do a little sign explaining why. Something funny!

Sent from my LG-P970 using SalonGeek

I was told when training not to have drinks on the working desk for hygiene, the thought of drinking nail dust etc so I have just kept that as a rule! :) maybe I should do a little sign explaining why. Something funny!

I was told this to, I had my friend round the other day and she said put the kettle on then and was dumbfounded when i told her she had to wait till after i had finished. I felt a bit silly but she eventually understood. :)

I dont provide refreshments at the moment being mobile, though when I'm set up some where at a table I always have tea's and coffees available - along with some sort of chocolates <3

For hygeine reasons you could always cover cups, or use those similar to take out coffee shops etc

After I complete my training (I've not actually started it yet!!!), my plans for my home salon will include lots of beverages, magazines, and a few snacks (biscuits, chocolates, small fruits (berries and grapes mainly)). A TV in the corner (in the eye-line of my clients, only switched on if they want it on), and a radio in the opposite corner (again only switched on if they want it on).

Yes, Coffee...water...and donuts or cookies :)

I remember years ago when I did L&P I used to use the CND mugs with lids, great idea to keep the dust out.

I just do Shellac and Bio now but offer a cuppa in a posh cup and saucer, not many take up the offer but if they do it is finished quite quickly as is in a cup not mug.

Good question though OP.

Was thinking of getting a big tin of QS or Roses for December for them to dig into! lol x

I'm useless, where I was mobile for a year I keep forgetting to offer drinks :(

When I do remember and they accept, I spend ages MAKING the drink then it gets left to go cold... how are they meant to drink it if I'm working on their hands? Plus, the only places on my table where drinks can go is on the edge of the table or next to my CND UV lamp... :eek:

I think I'll stick to pedi drinks - great idea.

xxx

I don't have time to make coffee ....

But my clients are welcome to make themselves a coffee as long as they offer me one too :)

I actually prefer them to bring take-away coffee, as long as they text me to ask if I want one too :)

Takeaway coffee is more hygienic, particularly when doing nails (as it has a lid), then you actually drink the coffee/tea, without a layer of nail dust settling on top of the surface of an open cup .....

BTW , dear client, put your cup in the bin or take it with you, don't clutter my desk :)

When clients come to me I always offer them a drink while there fingers are wrapped for soaking (if acrylic I rebalance I make it when they arrive) and they also choose there next colour while I'm brewing. My nail desk is set up near the window so they put there mug on the window sill away from my working area. When I'm mobile I usually get a nice cuppa made for me ;)

i am mobile (for the moment) and i always get offered a coffee in other peoples house. On the rare occasion i have people at my house my husband plays tea jennie and makes it, serves it and hands out the biscuits!

I don't think anyone should eat at a nail desk ..........

Latest posts

Back