Refused to spray tan a client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everybody wants spraying yesterday:!:

The skin is the biggest organ that the body has and should be looked after. Provide the client with as much literature/advice as possible about the treatment they are about to receive and make it part of your regular business practice.

In the event of a complaint, you will be able to evidence consistently how you operate & the amount of happy customers you have. If a client wants to go and party/shower/whatever immediately after the application, then be it on their heads, all you can do is advise accordingly. :eek:

You definetly did the right thing.

I was furious last week as I had a young lady in for a tan who I had tanned several time before so we had spoken about the 'no deodorant etc and would recommend a tan day before any special event' etc

She stripped and stood in my tent and while I got my gloves on I did my usual 'do you need a wipe do you have and perfumes etc on???' and she laughed and said no I know by now what to do and not to do having a giggle so we proceeded. She had 2 friends waiting in my lounge to have tans after her.

Did the norm procedure and her chest went green so I said do you have perfume on and she said no so carried on and her armpits when green so I then said you must have deodorant, body spray something on to get this reaction so she giggled and said well I put some on this morning but thought it would of worn off. So she asked me to wipe her chest and recoat it. As I have never had this before I told her I was not sure what the outcome would looklike but she insisted and then followed to tell me I needed to be quick as she was due in London in 2hours for her birthday girly night out!!!! How unimpressed was I!!!

I did as she asked explaining that her shoulders would end up tanning darker than her chest etc but she said to so I did and it looked awful and two toned. She blatently looked pissed off with me. I said step aside to dry while I do your mates and we will see how it looks. Her mates tanned perfectly no probs at all.

The long and short is I gave her a polite lecture and reminded her I had asked about smellies and previously discussed not having a tan on same night as going out and that had I known I would have booked her in the day before.

It really knocked my confidence and pissed me right off. Her mum was due to come for her nails a few days later but cancelled so no doubt that was because the client moaned about her tan.

As my husband said though it has never happened before it was all her doing and her mates tans were perfect!!! s**t happens lol

Thanks geeks for all your replies..... but you just can't win... As previously mentioned I had texted this lady the following day to check that her night went ok without the spray tan. She replied saying she had a great nite and would definitely call me the following week to rebook another tan - I have not heard from her since!! :cry:

Who's to know really if I did right or wrong - as I am learning in this business 'FICKLE' seems to be the most appropriate word....

I suppose it at the end of the day it is how you feel (gut instinct) at the moment because sometimes you need to make a split second decision - I felt at the time it was the right thing to do....and still do!

Jan:hug:

Latest posts

Back