Registering and advertising as mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penny Vintage

Reaction score
Hello all, this is my 1st thread! :D I am abit stuck with advertising and registering. Basically, I qualified in december as a nail tech and had a fulltime job so was practising on friends and family then work fell off and was taken away from my admin role, instead of sacking me they found a job for me to do but its only 2 or 3 days a Month.
My whole plan was to go mobile with my nails, and work at my current job as well. But Ive had alot of trouble finding ways of advertising, I want to go with yell.com and local papers but I need to be registered for this. So I called today to register etc and they said until I have my 1st customer I cant register.. But that means I cant advertise :Look_righ no customers
I dont have money to advertise at the moment, so I feel kind of stuck... Im also filling out the paperwork to get working tax credits so wanted to go self employed now so I can fill it in the form too, rather than ring them and change it a week or two later...
I dont know what to do at the moment, I feel like Im in limbo :?:

Hiya!
I qualified in Beauty about 3 years ago now and like you wanted to do it mobile along side my current job. I didnt want to pay out on advertising etc so i got a few leaflets printed on vistaprint.co.uk (its free except the postage which comes to like £5 for 100 postcard size leaflets) The down side is it says it take 3 weeks to come (usually only takes 2 weeks but they like to cover themselves as it is abroad)

I then just did a few leaflet drops with these and put them on local boards etc. I also put myself on yell.com (just did it via the website) they didnt ask me about customers though?

Also try Gumtree that is great!

Hope this helps x

That is rubbish!!! You can advertise with anyone before registering as self-employed, I have never even been asked if I'm registered or not. Just go for it, but I would check with local businesses if yell has worked for them as I wasted hundreds on advertising and never got 1 phone call!!! It may just be area though, I don't know, I just have the free listing now (and you can do that online).

I have heard netmums is great for free advertising too but haven't got round to that one yet.

Good luck x

I find having a web address, and graphics on car help, also the free local news paper. You can certainly reg as self employed any time, and dont need to be registered to advertise.

What about a facebook profile in your salon name. Its worked fantastic for me, and i've only had it up and running a month. hth x x

Latest posts

Back