Regrowth after 2 days

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Misstoniilou

Reaction score
Hi ladies, Waxing isnt something i do myself. Ive never had this happen before though so i hope you dont mind me popping in with a question.

I had my legs, bikini and underarms waxed on friday and i already have regrowth on my legs?

Why is this? It was a different salon than i normally go to and it hurt more than usual too.

Did i just get unlucky and its my body or what?

I would suggest that either the hairs were snapped off rather than removed, or your hair growth cycle is out of sync (ie the telogen hairs were removed and your new hairs have come through) x

I would suggest that either the hairs were snapped off rather than removed, or your hair growth cycle is out of sync (ie the telogen hairs were removed and your new hairs have come through) x

Sorry, i dont understand that at all, Ive absolutely no experience of knowledge of waxing x

your hair grows in cycles so where your longer hairs were removed, your new hair is coming through

your hair grows in cycles so where your longer hairs were removed, your new hair is coming through
was just about to reply and say this ;) xx

Ohh right, the hair was fairly long because id been waiting for payday and didnt want to shave before and the hair be too short.
I have no regrowth on my underarms or bikini line, where the hair was shorter, so is that likely the cause? When is the best time to go and get it done?

Last edited:
yes that can happen especially if you shaved between getting them waxed, as when you had them waxed the hair is pulled from the follicle, where as shaving just trims the hair

Ahh fair enough then, When is the best time to get it redone? I really liked the ladies in the salon so i wouldve been gutted if it was something on their part so i feel better now.

You'll find your best results from having it waxed regularly, so at your next wax, regrowth should be less noticeable x

4 weeks but if your hair is darker and theres alot of it every 3 weeks [emoji5]️

Thankyou fr the help girls! xx

no problem [emoji8]

I'm noticing a lot of regrowth cos I am just getting back into waxing miss Toni Lou luckily I do my own waxing so I can do it more often, it's more noticeable cos if you shaved the blunt hairs from just under the skin have popped through, they feel more bristly. Waxed hairs are softer cos the tip of the hair comes through pointed cos that's the way hair naturally forms xx

Hiya. It's usually one of two things. Either your waxer broke the hairs or more often it's how you deviously removed the hair. Sorry, not read all of these posts so I'm speaking generally.

If for example the client shaved the time before they got waxed then it can still be stubbly after waxing and may grow back faster. My hearts sinks when I have a regular shaver and they get waxed just occasionally so my advice it either just shave or just wax.

Hope that's helped.

I've had my legs done 4 times now. And last time was worse than the first! I had regrowth within a week!! [emoji35][emoji35]
It's so disheartening when you do all you're supposed to and spend good money and you then have to wear full trousers. X

Latest posts

Back