Regrowth & Enhancements

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nat Tov

Reaction score
Morning Everyone,
In a huff...... I had a beauty therapist look at a set of nails on one of my clients after a week (the therapist is clients friend) and she said to her - OMG look at your regrowth!! and thats a week?! that's not right....... :twisted: I know what my nails are like and on application I feel I go close enough. This client is constently pushing her proximal nail fold back though which obviously doesn't help! Besides I always thoought that wearing enhancements premotes nail growth as the nail plate is protected against elements AND everyones growth rate is different!! Am I right here or what?? I have every confidence in my work so if she has doubt's i'm quiet happy suggesting she trys someone else - I know she'll be back.......

I think its sucks that the beauty therapist said that. But hey everyones nails bloody grow, I have some clients with hardly any regrowth after 2 weeks and others with loads. I am afraid unless your doing her nails every week she will have some regrowth. I am sure your work is fab babe :cool:

Rate of nail growth varies from person to person. However, it can be affected by medication, pregnancy, etc. Nail biters' nails grow quicker too.

I have to say that i have to infill mine every 7 to 10 days to keep them looking good for when i see my clients. The weird thing is it doesn't matter what time of year it is for me. ( summer normally makes them grow quicker)

Everyone's nails grow at different lengths, but the fact your client keeps pushing back her cuticles doesn't help, but also does she apply cuticle oil all the time? Any rubbing, buffing or massage around the nails and cuticles will help promote nail growth. It stimulates the nail and gets blood flowing so helping them to grow.

This also tends to happen on a new set on someone who doesn't normally have nails. All the fileing and buffing from blending tips and then fileing and buffing product to a shine all helps with growth.

The beauty therapist is wrong to criticise your work, how would she like you to pull apart some leg waxing she's done. You could say, well that's not supposed to hurt that much!! Its different with everyone.

Thanks everyone for your comments. I was just so annoyed to hear this needed to tell you and see if I was right because when someone doubts your ability it sometimes makes you question yourself - even though I knew I was right, it's nice to back it up. If you follow me. And in reply to Talented Talons, Yes she does push back regularly & she does apply oil obsessively!! If anything I have to pestter her to leave her nails alone. Thanks again for your back up :hug:

Latest posts

Back