Regular client (problems, help)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clare1894

Reaction score
Hiya all,

I need help, I have a client that comes to me every 2 to 3 weeks with out fail. she is really lovely but there is a few problems.

1st: she is a nail biter!! (extreme) to the point where there was at first almost nothing left. anyway after months and month of doing her nails she is out of this and has quite a good free edge now.

2nd: and where i need advice the most. she has really bad arthritis. This makes it really hard to flex her fingers when i am filing and move them so i can get to the sidewalls better. her fingers are really ridged and crunk to the side making it also hard to tip some nails straight.

3rd: it takes me about 2 hours if not more to do her nails because of all this.

have any of you got clients with this and how do you deal with it. i am always asking her if she is ok and making sure i am not hurting her. she never complains and always says no. i just find it so hard to do her nails for her and would love some tips and advice on how to speed up on her and if i should be doing her nails at all??

thanks Clare x

Hi Clare, I also have a client like this. I don't feel my client has these problems as extreme as your client has though. She finds that an application of paraffin wax really eases the pain in her hands caused by arthritis and in turn this makes her fingers less rigid.

However, her thumbs do not bend at all, so I position myself to fit in with her needs and we always seem to manage. She finds it quite amusing and we always have a giggle which I think is the best way to deal with something like this.

If she is not in pain and you know that your treatments aren't causing her any discomfort or harm then I don't see why you cannot carry on with this client's treatments. Although from your post, and please don't take this the wrong way but it sounds like maybe you don't want to do this clients nails?

HTH thanks Laura x

Hi Clare, I also have a client like this. I don't feel my client has these problems as extreme as your client has though. She finds that an application of paraffin wax really eases the pain in her hands caused by arthritis and in turn this makes her fingers less rigid.

However, her thumbs do not bend at all, so I position myself to fit in with her needs and we always seem to manage. She finds it quite amusing and we always have a giggle which I think is the best way to deal with something like this.

If she is not in pain and you know that your treatments aren't causing her any discomfort or harm then I don't see why you cannot carry on with this client's treatments. Although from your post, and please don't take this the wrong way but it sounds like maybe you don't want to do this clients nails?

HTH thanks Laura x

No no thats not it at all. Like i said she is lovely and we have a good gab and laugh. I just worry that i am hurting her and i no that she would not tell me if i was. Also i was thinking i might not be doing her any good by doing her nails and having to move her fingers about (all tho i keep this to a min)

I guess i just over think lol. I am still new to this and just want to keep everyone happy and do the best for each and every client. and i dont think the time it takes me to do the helps too.

thanks for the advice about the paraffin wax. i will have to get some of that and see if it helps

thanks x

Maybe she expects a little bit of discomfort due to her condition. Put it this way, she must be happy with your service or she wouldn't return :D

I understand, it's difficult to keep everyone happy. Yeah, I use peach paraffin wax as the smell is gorgeous and it's nice and girly pink. It's also quite a cheap treatment to offer but extremely effective for people with arthritis and dry skin.

Keep it up, sounds like you're doing a great job :) x

Maybe she expects a little bit of discomfort due to her condition. Put it this way, she must be happy with your service or she wouldn't return :D

I understand, it's difficult to keep everyone happy. Yeah, I use peach paraffin wax as the smell is gorgeous and it's nice and girly pink. It's also quite a cheap treatment to offer but extremely effective for people with arthritis and dry skin.

Keep it up, sounds like you're doing a great job :) x

thanks hun,
where do you get the wax from? x

I get mine from Salon Services. It's around £5 if you have a trade card. I buy a block of it to break up and put in my paraffin wax heater but you can also get pellets or a tub to heat also. It's just personal preference x

thank hun ill try this x

Latest posts

Back