Reiki and anxiety

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pika

Reaction score
Southampton, Portsmouth & Welwyn Garden City (i'm
Hiya, just wondering if any other geeks have suffered severe anxiety disorder and tried reiki to help it? I've literally reached breaking point now, even finding it difficult to go to a shop. So I need to try something to help me :( xx

I've just stumbled across this thread, thanku x

If you've never tried Reiki before I would definitely recommend it. Find someone preferably with their Masters. It balances the whole body, both physically and emotionally and you should feel relaxed afterwards.

I'm not trained in it, although am looking to be, but I have had it afew times and always feel calm and relaxed for several days afterwards. Perhaps if you have one treatment to see how you feel you could then book a course to get longer lasting effects.

Good luck :hug:

Will it eventually cure my anxiety? I'm not expecting a miracle and Ive been told it works differently depending on the individual. I know a lady who has her masters, was meant to see her this morning but completely freaked and cancelled at the last minute, luckily she was so understanding. She said she is free tomorrow morning so I can phone her at the last minute if I want her to come round xx

I honestly don't know whether it can 'cure' anxiety, so I wouldn't like to say. But the woman you know sounds very understanding and I'm sure will explain it all to you. You could give it try, and at least you'll have an hour of total relaxation without worry.

Has she explained to you what to expect during the treatment?

Iv had it done and I can honestly say its amazing,

Give her a call and rebook for tomorrow, if you panic she will understand and talk you through it,

Maybe ask her not to cover your face with hands first visit I found this a wee bit stressful,

It took some amount of stress anyway and actually took physical aches and pains away too

Infact just reminded myself how good it was going to book again

Good luck,

Have you tried any Paul McKenna DVDs or nlp?

Hiya, just wondering if any other geeks have suffered severe anxiety disorder and tried reiki to help it? I've literally reached breaking point now, even finding it difficult to go to a shop. So I need to try something to help me :( xx

Hello, have you looked into acupuncture as an alternative therapy. I was in quite a bad way with depression and mood swings and it worked wonders for me. Treatment through doctors didn't help and I was naturally reluctant to take prescribed meds.

I was fortunate to have a client who is incredibly knowledgeable and skilled in her trade and she literally changed my life. I don't know much about reiki, have heard good things just thought I'd mention another possibility

Its a really nice thing to get attuned yourself.Its not mega expensive and is usually a really nice spiritual peaceful,medative day.You can then do yourself and your family.Find a good reiki master don't do it via Internet or anything
Like that.

I had reiki done (amongst many other therapies) and I had an immense anxiety attack during it. I'm bipolar and suffered from a lot of anxiety attacks that I've learned to control over the years, however, when I had the reiki done it was like the dam finally burst letting the stuff I had built up go.

The experience itself was very scary but I could feel that I was in a safe place and it was time to face my daemons and let them go. Obviously this did not 'cure' me as such but helped me clear pathways that I have worked so hard to get to with Psychotherapy, CBT, meditations ect.

Maybe it was just time for me or maybe reiki helped but since the treatment I've had 18 months 'stable' since. That may not sound remarkable but after 13 years of illness with no break for more than 3 months its really great :)

I hope you can find peace in yourself soon and if you are not already doing so I would highly recommend cognitive behavior therapy and mindfulness techniques. You are in control, it may not feel like you are but you are the only one who can 'make you feel' anxious or afraid. Change your thoughts and get well soon xxx

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek

Pika did you go for your session today - been wondering about you and how you're doing :hug:

Thanku so much everyone for ur replies. I completely freaked again today about it, so I'm going to try again on Monday. Im willing to try anything to get myself back to normal, thankyou for all suggestions, will be googling tonight :) I did manage to go to work last night and was fine :) got a 100mile drive tonight to go to my fellas so this will be a big test for me, will let you all know once I'm there and how I got on xx

Quick update...got halfway there, completely freaked out before getting on the m25 (been doing the same journey every other week for 2 years!) started shaking and crying and had to turn around and go home :( so frustrating!

Oh you must feel frustrated, I would look into the Paul McKenna DVDs or downloads, I know you can use alot whilst sleeping and take it all in,

Anything is worth a try, try googling Kevin birch (I think his name is) I know someone that had a few meetings with him and the results were amazing, can be pricey but worth the money,

I hope things pick up soon for you

Hi, I've just come across ur thread; how u doing? I suffer with anxiety too and find it hard to go out sometimes, but avoidance is the worst thing! It makes it seem even scarier; I try not to pressurise myself and take it step by step when I'm going through a bad period; I haven't tried reiki in person but have had distant healing which helped me a lot and I could relax in my own home.

Can the reiki practitioner pay u a home visit? Or try this lady that I use often; she's really good www.wishingwellpsychic.com x

I had really bad anxiety re going to things at my sons school I had emotional freedom technique or tapping in one session all anxiety gone and if it comes back I can manage it good luck hideous living like that xxx

Latest posts

Back