Removal of bleached yellow hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kayla123

Reaction score
Tried to remove bleached yellow hair using koleston perfect 88/0 with 9% vol but it turned brassy gold. Any tips how I can put blonde streaks in it using koleston perfect.

Tried to remove bleached yellow hair using koleston perfect 88/0 with 9% vol but it turned brassy gold. Any tips how I can put blonde streaks in it using koleston perfect.

Welcome to Salon Geek.

Please confirm you’re a qualified hair professional. Thank you.

No qualified hairdresser would be daft enough to use 9% on bleached hair!

Thank you for rudeness, it takes time for everyone to learn.

Thank you for rudeness, it takes time for everyone to learn.

This forum is for qualified trained professionals looking for advice and support from fellow pro’s, not diy-ers looking for home colouring advice.

Your post demonstrates that you lack very basic colour knowledge so I recommend you visit a good colourist for a professional colour service. If you are in training, then ask your tutor for support but you shouldn’t be dabbling with strong colour chemicals without understanding the underlying principles of colouring otherwise you risk causing scalp burns and hair breakage.

Yeah, there's no need to be rude to people. It's possible to politely say the forum is for professionals only and leave it at that. Maybe it's lockdown having an impact but there seems to be an increase in snarkiness going on across the board.

Yes everyone has to start somewhere but a proper college course or salon training programme should be the starting point.

Using professional colour chemicals without adequate underpinning knowledge is potentially very dangerous and because there are no proper regulations, some people think it’s not that big a deal.

Have none of you ever had to correct a client’s hair who has tried to bleach it themselves or worse still, they let a friend with limited hairdressing experience use pro brand bleach with 40 vol.?

Have you ever had to deal with a client with weeping scalp burns?

Haven’t you ever wondered why some of your clients are terrified of having bleach but are perfectly ok with a highlift (with 12%) because they wrongly think that’s safer?

I think my post was very restrained compared to what I’d like to have written.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back