Removal of nail enhancements Pending Major Operation!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it depends on the hospital and doctor. I have had clients say that their doctor is ok with it as long as they remove the polish...and some say their doctor has asked for all enhancements to be removed.

I suggest to my clients that they bring it up with their anethetist at the pre op visit.

As far as I can gather from what various clients have told me, it depends on the hospital/surgeon and you need to discuss it as they all have their own policies.

They are much more flexible in the States about accommodating 'enhanced' ladies wishes. I don't know any American babes who remove their nails for an operation ... :eek:

Aren't we getting our priorities a bit muddled here? If a surgeon/hospital would prefer nails to be bare for an operation, whatever their reasons (they are the medical professionals, after all) is it really such a big deal to remove nails? I understand sometimes just one or two being removed is sufficient, but even if they all have to come off, so what?

Personally I would rather do what the hospital asks, as I put my health and welfare (especially whilst under general anaesthetic) at the top of my list and NOT my nails. Colour changes on the nailbed would be masked by opaque l&p, probably hindered by pink or natural l&p as well . . . I'm sure hospitals are not going to go into a lot of detail about what colour product your nail tech has used . . . easier just to remove it really.

I just don't get what the big deal is about removing nails. Its wonderful that our clients love their nails so much but a bit sad when they put their image higher up the scale than their health.

Last edited:
For God's sake I'd keep my nails no matter what, better die with them that being burried with naked hands.

afterall, that's what toes are for...

For God's sake I'd keep my nails no matter what, better die with them that being burried with naked hands.

afterall, that's what toes are for...

:lol:

But seriously ................ often hospitals ask for enhancements to be removed when they do not have to be ... it is just policy ... they think they are false nails and going to be left behind in your innards somewhere. Who knows??

What is wrong with having a mature discusion with the surgeon and asking for an alternative? If there is no alternative then fair enough but usually there is.

In my case I have had a general annesthetic 3 times in the last 3 years and never have I been made to remove my enhancements. I told my doctor what they were, that they were not stuck on but were permanent and he provided an alternative. He was absolutely amenable and open. What they do not like in theatre is surprises .. so be open about what you want.

I do not think it is a matter of getting our priorities wrong, Blossom. If it was a choice of one thing or the other then of course safety comes first but when there are alternatives available that will accommodate the wearing of enhancements then I for one would take the alternative.

my doctors now know me lol and they all know me with my nails on, they know it's my job and NEVER mentionned taking them out...

if ever I have to change and have another doc then maybe it can be an issue but I really have planned to die with my nails on. lol

but... if you happent o have a car crash and fell into coma (hope it makes sense but I'm quite limited in English with these words), what happens to your nails?
enhancement?
because I know you can see there's been a coma phase on them (or you can see there's been something) on the natural nail but what about the l/p? do they keep it?

but... if you happent o have a car crash and fell into coma (hope it makes sense but I'm quite limited in English with these words), what happens to your nails?
enhancement?
because I know you can see there's been a coma phase on them (or you can see there's been something) on the natural nail but what about the l/p? do they keep it?

If you happen to have an accident and find yourself in hospital unexpectedly, I think that puts a very different situation from knowing that you're going in to have an op.

Sorry, what's the bit about a coma phase hun?

When i went in hospital last thursday for my opp i removed my L&P and replaced it with gel. I did a natural colour free edge and pink in Z 2&3.

It wasnt untill i was down in theatre and a theatre assistant said to me "havnt you got shiney nails, do you have polish on them"

I said i didnt have polish on but had a nail strengthener on (thought it would be easier to say than going in to the detais of enhancements) lol. I held my breath waiting for all the questions but all i got was "wow its lovely, is it a kind of gel and will it come off with nail varnish remover"

I just said it was gel and no it wouldnt come off, she said fine no problems as it was natural looking and its not as if they are false nails lol

I guess i was pushing a bit seen as the opp was on my hand:green::lol:

Just to add, my right hand still looks lovely but ive been naughty and bit it all off my left through boredom and pain!

Latest posts

Back