Removal of other salons products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi, does any one have a notice to say you won't remove products applied in other salons? There had been a few new nail bars opened in our area and the amount of clients who have obviously gone for a try (coz it's cheap) then come back into us with the rogue product still on, so we are running late as this stuff is awful to get off.. we use CND and it comes off a dream but how do we politely inform our clients that we will no longer remove others products, whilst educating them of the down sides of going to nss salons.

I know some geeks won't and I don't really blame them

But I don't mind, I just allow longer in case it's a so and so to get off and take the opportunity to educate and nab a new client [emoji6]

I don't remove anyone else's products now.
I don't have a notice as I have a home salon so it's appointments only however I advise them when they make an appointment to arrive with bare nails

I do the same as Blossom. But I do charge extra if its that awful acrylic. I have gained quite a few clients like this.

I do the same as Blossom. But I do charge extra if its that awful acrylic. I have gained quite a few clients like this.
I should start charging more definitely thank you for the idea

Charge by the minute/quarter hour/half hour if you're going to remove.

You should charge extra for removal if the need arises and then educate your client on the distinctions between standard salons and NSS; i.e. why are they cheap in comparison with a standard salon and the quality of their products in contrast to yours.

Work out what would the worst case scenario is in terms of time spent soaking off and then add this to your price structure as a separate service.

If it's a Chinese nail salon I heard that they are using tooth acrylic to do nails and that's why people are finding it so hard to get off x

Last edited:
If it's a Chinese nail salon I heard that they are using tooth acrylic to do nails and that's why people are finding it so hard to get off x
You can't assume that.

Unfortunately there is one of those nail salons not that far from me and I have terrible issues with clients visiting me after having their nails done there as I can't get their so called 'Shellac' off. It's so frustrating because the client tells me it's Shellac but I then have to spend 30 minutes trying to file the stuff off because my Shellac remover hasn't done a thing.

Latest posts

Back