Removing pre bonded?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmilyExtensions

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

After my most dreadful pre bonded removal yet, taking 5 hours and extreme matting, I'm just wondering if anyone could share some tips that help with removal :)

Emily :) xx

Hi everyone!

After my most dreadful pre bonded removal yet, taking 5 hours and extreme matting, I'm just wondering if anyone could share some tips that help with removal :)

How have you been trying to remove? Xx

Don't remove anyone else's or don't let your client go so long without maintenance to check the matting etc

How have you been trying to remove them if you don't mind me asking?
I usually section the hair off, crack the keratin bond with my long nosed pliers, then I apply a few drops of acetone or kreatin bond hair extension remover to the bond, let it soak in for a few seconds, go over the bond with my pliers again and the hair strand slides straight off the natural hair. I then brush the natural hair strand with a fine comb to make sure there are no glue remnants and go on to the next strand. No matting at all. It's very quick and straight forward and a full head doesn't usually take me longer than 2 hours.

Good luck!

Sorry everyone I've only just seen this again! Yes that's what I do! Crush with pliers, apply alcohol remover, crush etc. But the matting was absolutely dreadful and the bonds were so hard!

Sorry everyone I've only just seen this again! Yes that's what I do! Crush with pliers, apply alcohol remover, crush etc. But the matting was absolutely dreadful and the bonds were so hard!

I have to do my boss' and her bonds are really hard.. But it's hair from the internet!! The glue on them seems to be like that. What hair was it you were removing?
As for matting i'd says it's probably from the way your client looks after their extensions

Well she wasn't originally my client but she said her original extensionist said they were from SJK. Any advice on how to remove matting easily? I covered her hair in deep conditioner after I'd removed the bonds and went through combing the hair to get out all the matting! Took sooo long though!

If the hair isn't being reused and the clients bonds are really hard I always recommend putting baby oil on the hair the night before. It really does make a huge difference the glue does seem to be as sticky as it can be at times and also especially with helping to remove the matted hair...

Hope this helps xx

Yes it does thank you!

Iv had sjk bonds that have taken 3hrs to remove and that's without matting!! Normally i would take around 1.5hrs for a removal but every now and again the bonds seem to be made of steel!! Conditioner on the roots helps loads aswell :)

Latest posts

Back