Removing Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donnalizy

Reaction score
Hi

One of my ladies had her nails done with shellac while on holiday she has been told to remove them by putting her nails in acetone, is this correct
I don't provide shellac but would have thought this a complete no no , can anyone enlighten me on how she can remove them

Thanks

Hi

One of my ladies had her nails done with shellac while on holiday she has been told to remove them by putting her nails in acetone, is this correct
I don't provide shellac but would have thought this a complete no no , can anyone enlighten me on how she can remove them

Thanks

She should have her nails removed by a professional and the professional should use Pure professional-quality buffered Acetone such as D.Solve from Sweet Squared of the new Shellac Remover from CND.

BUT beware .. many people claim to use Shellac in order to sell their service, when in fact, it may not be Shellac at all but a gel instead, in which case the product will not remove without buffing the surface first. If it is genuine Shellac, you will not need to do any buffing and the product can be wrapped off in 8-10 minutes.

Last edited:
That's the problem she has said she doesn't want to pay a professional and is determined to remove them herself and Ihave said I don't think it is a good idea as I was taught not to use acetone on natural nails. Am I right

That's the problem she has said she doesn't want to pay a professional and is determined to remove them herself and Ihave said I don't think it is a good idea as I was taught not to use acetone on natural nails. Am I right

It depends on the type of Acetone used. You would not use industrial grade Acetone, but professional grade is fine to use on natural nails. It is extensively used and in fact is one of the safer chemicals we work with. The info you were given is way out of date as far as using professional 'buffered' acetone is concerned.

The woman should do as she is told if she does not want to spoil her nails by attempting to do it herself with no proper instruction first.

Latest posts

Back