Remy hair?????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jotommo

Reaction score
how do you remove remy hair that is glued in, i was thinking of having it but bit scared as my hair was badly damaged last time it was getting extensions out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My advice would be to get micro rings, as it is a lot less damaging to your hair, easier and quicker to remove and put in and last just as long.

Where abouts are you based?

x

st helens its near liverpool/manchester........ thanks for that x

Hi jotommo, as long as the extensionist is fully qualified in their extension
methods and they have a fair bit of experience behind them .... then its only fair to say that all extension methods are safe :)

keratin based bonds are very good and do not cause any damage as long as removal is done by an experienced and fully qualified extensionist ,

most bonds are melted with a low heat into the hair then rolled
to form a neat strong bond ( bit like a grain of rice)

when they are due out the bond is then dissolved and crumbled with dissolvent and a dissconector tool and it simply slides out ,

sometimes people try taking extensions out themselves to save money..... and its just not worth it ,as this what causes the most damage as they pull loads of their own hair out
they then blame the "glue" method :eek:
so you will be fine whatever method you choose so long as you get your install and removal done by a fully qualified experienced extensionsist
Ps.... make sure they have insurance too :hug: hth minky

i am qualified in balmain and know how they are removed but was just unsure of how remy is removed??
i'm thinking of having a double weave glued in! the hair is lush x
thanks minky xx

i am qualified in balmain and know how they are removed but was just unsure of how remy is removed??
i'm thinking of having a double weave glued in! the hair is lush x
thanks minky xx

Ahh I see I didn't realise you meant a weft of remy hair..... what hair wefts are you going to use ?
do you mean Balmains weft hair / double hair ?
or a weft of actual glued in hair , also when you say remy hair
are you referring to pure virgin hair ? as the word remy sometimes means different things to different people ,
sorry if this sounds confusing :hug: x minky

well the girl i spoke who was brief!! as i haven't yet desided,
i've got a consultation booked
she said a double weft of remy goddess hair glued in...........
i have only heard of balmain double hair bofore so wondered how these are applied/ removed.........
decisions ............
xx

well the girl i spoke who was brief!! as i haven't yet desided,
i've got a consultation booked
she said a double weft of remy goddess hair glued in...........
i have only heard of balmain double hair bofore so wondered how these are applied/ removed.........
decisions ............
xx

Hi jotommo, well as long as they are not removed like the ones below
lol :) :hug: :lol: :smack: minky x

YouTube - Hair Extension Removal. Pretty Funny.

hi.. not sure what glue she is using but if its just bonding glue which is what is used for wefts you can get the bonding glue remover. leave it to soak in and it come off.
but this method doesnt last long...and will start to lift on its own pretty much and then you can use the glue remover.

hope that makes sense.

hi.. not sure what glue she is using but if its just bonding glue which is what is used for wefts you can get the bonding glue remover. leave it to soak in and it come off.
but this method doesnt last long...and will start to lift on its own pretty much and then you can use the glue remover.

hope that makes sense.

Hi leonnib, yes that's the same sort of method I was thinking about so I guess it would be kinda temporary then ? :) minky

yeah... its a temp form of extensions... after a few washes it will start to lift naturally anyway so the glue remover will help soften the rest

Latest posts

Back