rent a chair???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niks85

Reaction score
hi all.
hope u can help me, not sure wat to do..
here it is.....
there is a hair salon i want to approch n they dont do nails.. its quite a big place, plenty of room for little me.
there is no one else in the area doing wat i do.
any way i spoke to a hair dresser friend bout it and she said that i should offer 50% of my takings!! is this right???
i would be the one buyin my products etc...
she would be making more off me than i would!
any advice please would be great! xx

hope i make sense!

Hi hun :)

50%!? I think that's WAYYYYYY too much! I would approach them first and let them do the talking. See if it's something they want to do. If they do, then I'd put an offer of between 10% & 12%, then there's room for negotiation with both parties.

Would you be renting the chair off them for a set fee, then giving them a %age on top from your earnings or just the %age?

It's up to you what to part with, but as you say, you're doing everything yourself, buying stock etc., just in part of someone elses space. I'd also be wary of them regarding any client base you build up, keep it close to your chest, locked away, and make sure there's nothing in the contract that says if you leave the clients belong to the salon.

I hope I've helped hun :)

Sarah. x

Latest posts

Back